SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#5586 - 02/10/03 12:48 PM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
Soft Machine Offline

your local used vinyl or CD stores
eBAY
AMP records
Internet for mp3 format

#5587 - 02/10/03 12:58 PM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks!

#5588 - 02/11/03 08:30 AM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Another cool recording is Pauline Oliveros " Alien Bog " and " Beautiful Soop " . It was recorded back in the early 60s using the Buchla synthesizer while she was the head of the San francisco Tape Music Center .

#5589 - 02/11/03 08:35 AM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you 800dv I will have to check that out.

#5590 - 02/11/03 11:16 AM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
tekminus Offline

Another record with EMS goodies is Spectrum's 'Forever Alien' CD. I only have the 'Feels like I'm Slipping Away' 4 track EP, but it's full of wobbly and haunting sounds. The EP has the EMS speech synthesizer on the cover: http://www.ems-synthi.demon.co.uk/synthis.gif

Spectrum has Sonic Boom of Spacemen3 fame in the line-up. I didn't know that at first. I just bought it because of the cover and the way they wrote down every synth featured on the EP, VCS3, AKS, OSCar etc.

I read a review about 'Forever Alien' and the writer could only go on about how successful the other guy from Spacemen3 was with his Spiritualized etc. Blägh! Atleast this guy has some cool stuff on the cover!

-tek

#5591 - 02/11/03 06:23 PM Re: What do you consider to be an actual synthesizer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can try before you buy on just about any music or software Using WinMX. The latest version of this client share program has access to all existing open networks on the internet. It'sort of like about five napigator's in one....around 400 active open nap networks. I personally can hear the remnant signature of an mp3 in audio signals that had a compression bitrate of less than 160. By spectral wave, the new signal has an overall conical shape if we were able to see the sound waves we hear and average them up or down in resolution (spectrum analysis). Well there you have it, compression is compression.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online