SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55860 - 03/10/03 06:18 AM Courious
MeBob Offline

Loc: Clermont,Florida,USA
Hi All,

From time to time I see replies to messages within a thread, referencing the name of the author of the message being replied to by an actual name. The profile only lists 'Technicsplayer'. How does one know who authored the message if the profile only lists them as a generic 'Technicplayer' ?

Courious Bob in Sunny Florida

#55861 - 03/10/03 08:03 AM Re: Courious
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI MeBOB,
Welcome to the Technics Forum
It has been customary since the beginning of time, (computer time) for people to adopt nicknames. They have various reasons for this or no reason at all, only that it is a custom, or may be descriptive of anything they value about themselves.
Over time we all get better acquainted and learn more about each other. Many of us have a relationship other then this forum. We may be email friends, or personal friends or may have met each other or even sometimes played together.
The profile usually contains a persons email address if you want to write them and share or get better acquainted. Then there are others that do not post their email and do not want to be bothered by forum members. These people only want to communicate directly on the forum, or they might email you if your email address is published in your profile
Hope this clears up your question
Best to you and enjoy the forum.

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#55862 - 03/10/03 10:37 AM Re: Courious
technicsplayer Offline

the real answer is that there is no generic technicsplayer - there is only one technicsplayer, and he has no profile because he does not need one and it got to the stage where it was taking all day every day to reply to the thousands of questions that were sent to him via email.

#55863 - 03/10/03 05:19 PM Re: Courious
MeBob Offline

Loc: Clermont,Florida,USA
I wasn't very observent, was I? If I would have thought before I typed, I would have realized that 'Technicsplayer' was a nicknameand there is only one. Thanks guys for the enlightenment.

Bob

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online