SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55610 - 07/22/02 05:15 AM Recording from the KN6500
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hi all! Maybe this is not the right place for this question but you seem to be so knowledgeable about everything I thought it would be a place to begin! I want to submit an original song to a publisher and was informed that I would have to record it on (in?) either 8-tracks or 16-tracks. I have nothing but a simple cassette recorder on my stereo system that plays small casettes like those from Radio Shack, etc., and I don't know whether this would be appropriate for recording or whether I need a more complex recording device/studio recorder. Do I have an 8-track recorder? (I thought those things were obsolete or was that some other system I am thinking of? ) Anyway, any advice or link(s) to appropriate site(s) for information would be most appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me or post here on the Forum. Thanks in advance for everything; I can always count on you all for great info and hope this Forum continues to be one of give-and-take of info we can all use and share!

Ted Rose

#55611 - 07/22/02 06:43 AM Re: Recording from the KN6500
technicsplayer Offline

I find it strange they should have told you this. Many provisional demos/tryouts are accepted on cassette, though maybe not the most impressive of media nowadays.

Are they talking about recording media or music score?
I'd ask for some clarification or try some other firm.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online