SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55520 - 07/07/05 05:32 AM Today...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... our condolences go out to our family members 'across the pond' in the wake of the tragic events of the day ...
Hopefully you and all your loved ones are safe.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you...
t.

#55521 - 07/07/05 10:54 AM Re: Today...
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Thank you for your sympathy and thoughts. My husband and I have recently returned (2 weeks ago) from 5 years of living near Dallas, Texas. We obviously felt the shock with all American's as to what had happened on their soil on Sept 11. Like many, we kept waiting for the "second shoe to drop" After a while life began to get to near normal. Once again the bombers have struck out of the blue, at innocent people, who were just starting their working commute. My husband had an appointment which he would have gone to , via London on the train and tube. However our daughter needed taking to Gatwick airport so he took the car and took her there before his appointment. One's thought are - there but for the grace of God - . He is probably stuck, with many others, on the M25 (the ring road around London)but he hasn't been maimed or killed, just inconvenienced. During the last 5 years he has been backwards and forwards many times between DFW and London airports. International travel is necessary for many businesses. Travel by train, tube, and bus is necessary for most that work in London, or pass though. The bombers will not change the way of life.

On a lighter note - Most of our household contents are being transported by sea, from Houston to UK, but we were allowed a portion of air freight. Of course my KN7000, transformer, keyboard stand and other music stuff were sent by air as I could not wait the 6 to 8 weeks of sea travel for my lovely keyboard. I was so pleased when it arrived, I got it unpacked (I'd kept the original packing), set up the transformer, plugged it in and switched it on. What a relief when that blue light came on and then the screen lit up. A relief for my husband also as he knew I would have been looking for a second hand UK version if it had failed, and spending his money, yet again.
Carol Palfrey

#55522 - 07/08/05 07:29 AM Re: Today...
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thank you friends for your condolences. Words fail at a time like this. Like you say "there but for the grace of God go I" but as our Prime Minister said on TV last night "We will NOT let them win, they will NOT change our way of life"

Aud (U.K.)

#55523 - 07/08/05 07:59 AM Re: Today...
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
UKTEXAN...CAROL... Thank you for sharing your experiences....It is sooo good that your family was only inconvenienced. It is also wonderful that your 7K got across the pond with no damage!

The greater our bonds the more powerful we become as a force to abolish all who would destroy what is good on our planet.

Life is about loving, caring, & sharing with each other.....There is place, plenty, & prosperity for every human being on our planet....Only greed prevents these basic comforts for all the people everywhere....

Let us get on with it.... Africa will be a profound start!

Play lots of music & let us all exhibit the love that we are toward everyone!

Enjoy all you are & all you do!

ELIZABETH

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online