SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55501 - 10/24/04 08:39 AM KN6000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I have a kn6000 which I find too complicated. As time goes on and things get more technical I thought it was a good idea to get modern.I have a Technics sfxe66 organ which is nice but not a patch on the old Hammond T202 which I had.The e66 isn't complicated because you can pick what you want,sounds etc and Bob's your uncle.
The KN6000 is however a mine field of disasters waiting to happen.Good job I don't gig anymore because it seems to do what it likes!How can I get a better understanding of this very nice piece of kit without any nervous breakdowns.I am 46 years of age and used to think I was quite quick at picking things up until I met the monster in the front room.
Stan

#55502 - 10/24/04 09:01 AM Re: KN6000
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
STANLEY.....Getting a new keyboard is always very exciting. The way I get acquainted with a new machine is to prop the manual on the music rack & start with page one & just try the things the manual presents page after page. Some parts are more challenging than ohers. I always feel I have accomplished something when what I see on the screen is just like the picture in the book!

Generally when I have done a few things right, (screen matches picture).....then I just start pressing buttons to see what turns up on the screen... Just playing what ever piece I want & working with the keys & the buttons will eventually lead to a lot more confidence in using the keyboard, no matter which one you have..

Currently I have both the KN6000 & the KN7000....I love them both but especially the 7K which I have had since February. I am still getting acquainted with it. It does take awhile to be able to know the KB well enough to utilize all the wonderful features....

Just work with it & do not be fearful of doing something that might damage the KB. Enjoy the process & know that every little bit of progress you make will help you get to the next page & further accomplishment!

Should you run into something you do not understand.....post a question right here on this forum for the best help available!

GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!

ELIZABETH

#55503 - 10/24/04 09:08 AM Re: KN6000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
STANLEY.....Getting a new keyboard is always very exciting. The way I get acquainted with a new machine is to prop the manual on the music rack & start with page one & just try the things the manual presents page after page. Some parts are more challenging than ohers. I always feel I have accomplished something when what I see on the screen is just like the picture in the book!

Generally when I have done a few things right, (screen matches picture).....then I just start pressing buttons to see what turns up on the screen... Just playing what ever piece I want & working with the keys & the buttons will eventually lead to a lot more confidence in using the keyboard, no matter which one you have..

Currently I have both the KN6000 & the KN7000....I love them both but especially the 7K which I have had since February. I am still getting acquainted with it. It does take awhile to be able to know the KB well enough to utilize all the wonderful features....

Just work with it & do not be fearful of doing something that might damage the KB. Enjoy the process & know that every little bit of progress you make will help you get to the next page & further accomplishment!

Should you run into something you do not understand.....post a question right here on this forum for the best help available!

GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!

ELIZABETH

Elizabeth,Thanks for your vote of confidence.Do you know how to get a sort of organ and drum sound from the 6000 without all the complicated backing?
Stan

#55504 - 10/24/04 09:16 AM Re: KN6000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Stan, Have a look at this thread on this forum : http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002671.html
This is an excellent publication which fills in a lot of the 'holes' in the KN6000 manual.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online