SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55188 - 11/07/02 04:45 AM A Fun idea!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I have a fun idea! I think we can get some fun out of our machines that hasn't been done yet, to my knowledge. What if We was to start with a blues pattern, just drums and bass, and email that out to everyone who wants to participate, and everyone can add thier own guitar rhythms, and licks etc... for variations 1-4, and fills on the other tracks. then send them all in. Then someone, maybe Bebop, hint hint, haha. Can put them all on one disk and send them out to everyone as like a 20for1 volume. Having each persons version on a different panel memory maybe. Then if we wanted to go further and combine the best of the best by taking the coolest licks from all of them and pasting them into one real cool blues tune! I bet together we could make one heck of a cool blues tune/tunes. I say blues because I think it would be the easiest thing. And we may have to use GM sounds only as to be able to have all on a seperate panel memory at once. I am sure even if we don't combine them into one song we would have some real fun jamming to them, and also have them in our inventory to use and create with when every we feel the want to. I haven't worked it all out because I want others to have a part in the idea, and creation of the whole thing. But I do know that we would have to have the drums done first so that they will all blend together. Anyone want to have a part in developing this idea? What's your thoughts on this? And anyone want to take part in the rest of it? This could be a cool and fun thing. Especially if some of you put your own two cents into this idea and make it even better than it is now. What do you guys think? I think it would be great to all take a part in this! And after its all done, we could also have everyone send in one made from bits and pieces of a few or more of them. We would all be jamming together then! Lets have your thoughts on this please!!! Bebop ole buddy,,,, You have the mailing list, and are the all generous one! We need you here! hint hint,,,. I am sure we can talk you into putting them all on one disk and mailing them out for us ole buddy! "wink"
Anyone care to ellaborate on this idea, Please do! And anyone wanting to participate please say so here! And we can use it to build our list of potential participants!
Tony

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11-07-2002).]

#55189 - 11/07/02 05:25 AM Re: A Fun idea!
Sparky Offline

I guess this would be done with the composer and not on the sequencer?

#55190 - 11/07/02 04:24 PM Re: A Fun idea!
Sparky Offline

Come on guys!

#55191 - 11/08/02 08:11 AM Re: A Fun idea!
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hi Sparky
i will have a go
jan

#55192 - 11/08/02 12:34 PM Re: A Fun idea!
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Sparky, I had the privilege to do something similar with the Gospel styles that went out on the 20-4-1 disks. The song "Love Will Roll The Clouds Away" was comprised of efforts from players in Finland and Norway. The style was done by them, sent to me and I added instrumental changes and the sequenced song. It's not easy to come up with a new style but if all goes well, it will be worth the effort. Good luck.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online