SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55178 - 12/06/06 10:34 AM Help for Christmas setup needed
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, Technics friends and colleagues. I have a song in 3/4 time that I want to record and am searching for a Christmas-y registration, such as that often used for "Silver Bells" or other 3/4 time holiday songs. I have found a lovely sound group setup in the 6500 files called "Christmas Time" but it is in 4/4 time. Is there any way to load the entire registraion and then change the rhythm from the assigned 4/4 to 3/4? I have tried to load it and then click the waltz button from the sound group on my 7000, but as soon as I get the waltz setup I lose the original Christmas sounds from before.

I hope this makes sense. Surely there must be some way to change a rhythm group without changing the sound group. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

TED

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 12-06-2006).]

#55179 - 12/06/06 12:04 PM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ted, I play a kn6000, not a 7000, so I can't help you except to say that when I play "Silver Bells", I pick one of the waltz tempos (even the jazz waltz) and eliminate most of the accomp except strings ... I then use the various voices on the kn6 to provide the 'Christmas' sound ...
I am not near my kb right now, but I will try to remember to check my registrations (IF I saved them !!! )...
t.

#55180 - 12/06/06 12:54 PM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Ted, hope this will help.

#55181 - 12/11/06 11:14 AM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Ted, you can use any group of sounds you want without changing the rhythm section. Save the sound group you want to use to a floppy using page 2 of the save menu. Deselect composer, sequencer, and current panel. Save the remaining files to a disk and they will load up without disturbing your rhythm style. Just load up the rhythm style you want to use, then load in the sound group (panel memory) that you want to use. Whenever I come across sounds that I like, I save the panel memory to disk so I can load them anytime I want. I have 10 floppies full of different groups: rock, ballad, country, latin etc.

#55182 - 12/11/06 07:33 PM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Tony, Roger and Bud,

Just wanted to thank you all for your insight and help in responding to my query here. I always use all your ideas and consistently manage to end up with exactly what I am looking for, no matter what it may be. You guys, among so many others here at the S.Z., are veritable musical "gurus" and I know I can always count on you to answer whatever musical question I have about these fabulous, even if now obsolete, keyboards. I am constantly amazed at the versatility of both the Technics keyboards and the brilliant musicians who play them and are always willing to share the ideas and suggestions that make this web site such a valuable treasure.

Early wishers for a very happy holiday season to you all from this always grateful "SynthZoner"

TED In the icons at the end of this message, you should click on the "Play Me" button TWICE in ordwer to get the greeing. Happy Holidays to you all.

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 12-12-2006).]

#55183 - 12/12/06 04:05 AM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Thank you for your kind words. The end result for me was yesterday in Ross on Wye. A blind man was pushing his wife, who was in a wheel chair, an amputee. She with the dog guided themselves to me to thank me for the entertainment. A shiver went up my spine and I have never been so humble and they where so happy. Happy Christmas to all. Roger

#55184 - 12/12/06 10:04 AM Re: Help for Christmas setup needed
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Ted ... THANK YOU so much for your kind words ... I've NEVER considered myself a "guru", especially with the knowledge of some of the members on this board ...
But, I am also sure there are things that some of us have done that others can find useful, and that is one of the beautiful features of this site ...
My thanks to all of YOU, and especially to Nigel, who keeps it all together ...
I am so happy I could provide some useable advice ... Lord knows I've received enough of it ...
t.
PS I failed to tell you that I will often use one of the 'piano' or 'organ' voices in R1 along with the 'Christmas Bells' voice in R2 to get a 'Christmas' sound ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online