SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54841 - 02/28/04 02:33 PM Saving Tempo
Pynbaul Offline

My KN7 doesn't seem to want to save a tempo change when modifying my midi songs. Everything else saves OK. So each time a play a different midi song, I have to manually set the tempo for that song. I have done everything I know to do - Panel Memory Mode is Expanded, and I use Sequencer Panel Write. NUTS. Also, is there a way to copy my songs from SD to floppy in Technics format, and edit off-line?

Thanks in advance

#54842 - 02/28/04 04:10 PM Re: Saving Tempo
technicsplayer Offline

Panel Memory is a Technics function and will have no effect on a midi file. The tempo is changed in step record where it will be an event at or near the beginning of one of the tracks.

#54843 - 02/28/04 10:18 PM Re: Saving Tempo
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi,

Look, I'm probably speaking on a totally different subject here but having read Technic Player's reply, he's quite correct.

When we step record a piece of the KN6K we use track 6 as the control track. All we have to to do is go to the part of the 'score' where we want the change to take place and, using the control wheel, alter the tempo as required. We're then asked to confirm the change and, lo and behold, that's it.

I think the major problem is that various MIDI sequencers / performers don't always use the same track number for control and it can be a matter of some guess work as to find where they've hidden it.

Regards,

Lucy

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online