SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54827 - 05/31/03 09:30 AM SERIOUS KN6000 PROBLEM!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there Everyone!

I have a serious problem with my Technics kn6000 keyboard...

IT DOESNT BOOT UP!!

i am not sure what has caused this, as it has been working fine for over a year.

I referred to the manual and it recommends that you hold down three buttons on the left panel of the display to reset the settings.

i done this, powered up and ureka! it worked but when i turned it off then on again, it failed to boot. i have tried the update disks ikv7.0a to reset the flash memory but it still wont boot when switched back on.

Can anyone help me? Thanks, Mart6000

#54828 - 05/31/03 01:35 PM Re: SERIOUS KN6000 PROBLEM!!!
Richard Bools Offline

Could it have a faulty memory backup battery (or capacitor if that is what is used) that is no longer storing various volatile settings when the machine in turned off such that they get scrambled? Not everything in the KN6000 is stored in non-volatile flash memory - some settings are lost after a period of inactivity, implying that there must be some sort of power source inside that gradually runs down. The power-on reset procedure obviously sets all volatile settings back to a default state and allows the machine to boot properly. Maybe a trip to a service centre is needed if this is the case.

Richard

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online