SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54694 - 01/23/05 08:52 AM First Message
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have enjoyed reading your comments in the last 6 months on the technics Kn2600 & 7000.They are most informative. I own a Kn2600(also a Roland E-600)and use it on gigs. I love the brass tones!!
I recently purchased a jazz discography from tomlord.com. I thought you might be interested in how much fun I'm having with it. Tom Lord(from Canada)wrote 30 plus books on jazz musicians A-Z and put all of the books on a CD-rom! I type in one of my favorite jazz pianists, Oscar Peterson, and up pops on my computer(after downloading the CD, every record and CD he ever made along with the numbers on each album & CD & and cross references to re-issues!! Unbelievable!!! Then I press PRINT!! This discography has over 800,000 tunes listed so you can list your favorite song and it will list every record & CD that this song appeared on!! It does much more!!(I don't work or know this gentleman, Tom Lord, but I thought you might be interested).It is expensive but I purchased the older version (he had some left) for $99 which covers up to year 2001. The newest version goes for $330 but covers up to 2004!!
I've only had my Kn2600 for 9 months and I'm still learning.I use the user program and save my sets to the SD card and recently purchased from technote additional styes on an SD card. I find it easier to work with the internal memory sytles. I find that they sound better(the presets are better).It's still great to have all these styles available.

#54695 - 01/23/05 09:28 AM Re: First Message
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Welcome Arnie - it'd be great to hear some of your work some time including the singing....
p.s. the CD etc sounds like a great buy

#54696 - 01/26/05 01:32 PM Re: First Message
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello Arnie,

In case you libraries are growing and like to manage them on SD-Cards:
http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

shows you a neat tool, which is even called a "Must-Have" tool for KN2600 and KN7000 users.

Regards, Fred

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online