SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54659 - 07/15/02 07:55 AM NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have just mailed an in depth report from Bill Norrie to all newsletter subscribers this Monday Morning, July 15. Bill took his holiday time in Scotland to write this report for us at my request for our subscribers on his laptop and got a phone connection to mail it to me. Thank you Bill for that committment and dedication. PLease direct any questions to Derek as he was also there and Bill is currently unavailable.
Any forum members that are not subscribed to the newsletter and the 20 for 1 song project only need to send me an email requesting that they be added to the mailing list, and advising, Name, Forum posting nickname, country, and instruments being used. This email can run upwards of 1 meg so you need an email address that will receive that size.
I am now working on the Volume 10 of the 20 for 1 song project. I think I have about 10 songs so far so please send in your song for this next volume. You can have up to 3 songs from any technics keyboard on this disc.
Best to all from,
Bebop
Email me at bforrest@ix.netcom.com

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 07-16-2002).]

#54660 - 07/15/02 10:47 AM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
Yes I would like to receive the report about the kn7000.
I can't wait.

A.Herregat@skynet.be

Alain

#54661 - 07/15/02 11:43 AM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
technicsplayer Offline

would it not be a lot more sensible just to paste Bill's work on the forum?

then everyone can read it without wasting bandwidth with lots of pointless emails...

#54662 - 07/15/02 12:08 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great report. Looking forward to the US stocking so I can buy one.

Fran in Florida

#54663 - 07/15/02 12:48 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Bart_dup1 Offline

I agree with Alec. Please copy the report on this forum...

regards, Bart

#54664 - 07/15/02 07:05 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Technics Player and Bart,
I do not have Bill Norries permission to post his report on this forum, only to mail it out to MY subscriber list that I have built by request over the past few months.
Perhaps TP can quit complaining and wasting bandwidth and post his report on the forum, or does he need permissions also?
I am sure Bill will post his report when he returns from Holiday or will write and advise me it is ok to post it.
Bebop

#54665 - 07/15/02 11:09 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
Yes please, I would really like to receive a copy of the newsletter with the report about the KN7000.

Thanx,

Erik

#54666 - 07/15/02 11:10 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
Oops, forgot to type my email adress... Here it is:

e.p.vijlbrief@hetnet.nl

#54667 - 07/16/02 03:15 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
technicsplayer Offline

You sure have the ability to make us all laugh.

The idea that Bill Norrie writes his impressions of the 7000 and sends them to the "moderator" of this forum with the intent that they should not be posted on this forum I find so ludicrous as to be totally risible.

If you want some new informations about the 7000 from me you only have to look and you will find them both here and elsewhere!

People will certainly find them a lot easier than they will find Bill Norries impressions on this forum!

How short your memory is, and how ungrateful, after all the trouble I took to report back from Frankfurt for the benefit of ALL the readers here. I saw no need to ask for emails requesting information.

I have been playing a 7000 at length but seeing that a review involves a confidentiality agreement until the August issue of Techplus magazine comes out in exchange for writing the review, it is not surprising I am not given permission to spill all the beans in advance of the official specification launch.

I never heard in the past when accurately answering many thousands of questions that this was a waste of bandwidth. Quite the opposite, I rather thought it may have been quite helpful to people... maybe I should only send out answers on individual emails, so no-one else can read them, as this seems the new policy?

#54668 - 07/16/02 04:41 PM Re: NEWSLETTER ON KN7000 MAILED MONDAY
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello All,
One of the reasons I resisted 'joining' the mailing list for so long was for exactly the reasons that have come about now. Indeed I assume that it was only because I contributed to the 20 for 1 song project that I find myself the recipient of emails from the list?

The 20 for 1 project was both an excellent idea and has been fun to participate in. However I did so as a member of this forum! I do in fact enjoy recieving such emails,(from the list) but at the same time am most uncomfortable with the exclusivity of such emails. If the emails are a part of this forum then they should be totally inclusive and available to everyone. After all it would be just as easy to opt out of the service as to opt in?

I really do not see the point in posting to the effect that there is information available elsewhere when it would be easier to post the information directly? This forum after all is exactly for that purpose....to share information on our common interest.

I can even accept that the email list is Beebops private affair and quite seperate from the forum. However if this is the case then surely as moderator Beebop realises that post such as above suggesting, (albeit inadvertantly), that you can only access certain information by being a member of a 'private club' do nothing to promote a sense of inclusivity within our little community.

Indeed as moderator I would assume that Beebop would be only too aware of the problems we have had in the recent past when some members deemed it their 'duty' to do anything possible to make well respected and longstanding technics members feel exluded and unwanted. Fortunately such action was not successful and I can only assume that it was done out of some misguided loyalty to some percieved hierarchy within this forum?

That is exactly why Beebop as moderator must be the one person SEEN to be inclusive. If not it just gives the more impressionable members amongst us the idea that as long as they are with the 'in crowd', or in some 'private club' they are free to act with impunity. This statement may be sad, controversial and unpalatable but it is human nature, not me that proves it to be true.

I have been around bbs boards, irc etc for quite a few years and was until recently an irc op myself. It has never ceased to amaze me how for the most part people tend to equate their importance within the group / community / board with how close they are or are percieved to be to the moderators / ops. Most seasoned moderators/ ops are in my experience all too aware of this sycophancy and detach themselves from it. More importantly they are seen to detach themselves from it. I am sorry to say it but being seen to promote a private email club does not give the impression of promoting inclusivity.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online