SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54580 - 02/19/05 06:05 AM Re: One Touch Play
Smithy Offline

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, I believe that OTP is mentioned on the Technichord page, because some of the OTP settings that the KN bring up, will include the Technichord turned "ON", therefore it is mentioned on the Technichord page, should a new user notice the panel light on, and not know what it refers to.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by settings you have previously saved on OTP, as only in the Custom rhythm section are you able to create your own OTP settings, however, if you for example, pressed OTP on the "House" rhythm, and saved it in a panel memory, then you choose another rhythm, and press OTP, you can recall the "House" OTP by simply pressing on the appropriate panel memory button.

Hope this helps, and I haven't got the wrong end of the stick!

#54581 - 02/19/05 10:25 PM Re: One Touch Play
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hello all,

So, in order to save a rhythm into the panel memory. I have to press on the OTP and than to save it in the panel memory. Is it a correct statement?

Also when using Easy Composer I notice that I first have to press the OTP after choosing the desired rhythm. Does the OTP has a roll of locking the rhythm for being able to alter the rhythm in the easy composer?

Also notice when pressing the OTP on a selected rhythm, short name appears on the screen for very sort time. It is different from the rhythm name. Does the name (after pressing on the OTP) have any meaning?

Thanks for shading light on this subject.
Doron

#54582 - 02/20/05 03:24 AM Re: One Touch Play
technicsplayer Offline

1) only if you want to store the preset registration and tempo associated with that variation as a convenient starting point, otherwise you can just select any pattern and store in panel memory but for example the tempo you have at that time on the panel may be unsuitable for that style.

2) no, if you are referring to the various workshops in my book, doing this just sets up the conditions later to evaluate the new composer at a suitable tempo and registration etc once it has been created.

3) a style can be named and each variation within it can also be named. Since one touch play is obviously the default variation 2 setting of any style, the name is the same as that seen when looking at the style in the Music Stylist Category lists, i.e. second in the group of 4 variation names for that style.

#54583 - 02/20/05 09:11 AM Re: One Touch Play
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Thank you all for all the valuable information.

cheers,
Doron

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online