SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#54453 - 01/25/04 10:00 AM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I suppose it depends on your keyboard past experience before moving to an arranger KB. Ex- pianists would probably prefer a weighted or semi weighted key action, while Ex-organists would probably prefer the non-weighted variety.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54454 - 01/25/04 01:14 PM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Let me jump in here Bill. You got it right. I would only like to add a thought or two. The ‘ex’ whatever, is right on. I would also like to add the time frame to the ‘ex’ factor. After being away from playing the piano for quite some time or I should say playing the KN for quite awhile it makes little difference now when I play a regular piano. Somehow my mind must have a built in adjuster. A good many of the people I hang around with were old organ buffs. Most have added a keyboard to their endeavors. Organs have kind of lost out in the past few years. Most have gone out of business or have had not much improvement. Looking for something new, these players have migrated to the keyboard while keeping there organs, especially since the KN7 arrived with all of it’s great organ sounds and features. Bill, yes, ex-organ guys like the non weighted keys but most of them hate the touch sensitivity. They really have a problem with that except for the ones that play piano also. There right hand is week and they have a hard time controlling the volume of it. You ought to see the smiles on their faces when I go into the sensitivity control and set it to zero. No matter how wimpy the right hand is. the volume is now maintained just like the organ. However, I tell them, if they want to control the volume like before they must get a swell pedal. This can be good and also can lead to other problems. Problems that have been discussed at length before.

With that added I also have a question. Does keyboards like the 9000 pro have touch sensitivity and/or can it be turned off or on? If so the PSR could play like an organ but still would not have the feel of the organ keys. What do you think Peter? Does all this make sense?

Doug

#54455 - 01/25/04 01:46 PM Re: Roland VA7 Message for Ricki
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I don't own and have never played the PSR9000pro so i'm not sure if it's got touch sensitivity, I would guess it does though and with this would come adjustment, the weighted action would stay the same though I would presume. I really must get in contact with someone who lives near and try one out. As i've said I'm interested in the PA1X (Korg) just not sure whether to go for the pro version, it sounds as from what you've said you'd get used to semi weighted keys quite quickly but then the pro version has no speakers which is a drawback for me but then it does come with hard drive whereas the non pro version just has floppy drive.

If only Technics were still around none of this would be a problem.

Doug: What's your thoughts on Korg instruments and the New PA1X and PA1Xpro
More info here http://awarenessengine.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=126&sid=e175f542716e3005b370c92d92e3d5c9

All the best

Peter

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online