SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54396 - 11/08/07 02:42 PM Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
thelawnet Offline

My family in Indonesia have recently purchased a Technics KN2600 keyboard, along with a PA system for sound.

They will be principally playing at weddings.

Here are some samples of the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUonI-z9pk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vHZZjOlhE

and a typical outdoor event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWB_xh5sPM

They also say they want to play some Western rock/pop.

Anyway, I have been asked to provide whatever enhancements I can, via SD card. This is given that they have no computer/internet access/understanding, so I will be loading the SD card and sending it by airmail.

Can anyone give me some recommendations for styles for enhancing things? Will anything labelled 'Technics styles' work? How is the keyboard at handling these and MIDI files?

Does anyone know if there are size limitations on the capacity of the SD card?

#54397 - 11/08/07 03:20 PM Re: Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
thelawnet Offline

Just read this on a review:

"Also the more expensive ?top of the line- kn7000 has SD-card system. Kn26 can play kn7000 styles, but but: Kn26 doesn`t have The Custom (known also as Flash-) Style area, where you can load the individual styles from SD-card. This might be BIG disappointment. This means that even if you can download styles to SD-card, you don`t have specific memory storage for them. Well, there is 3 composer style areas and panel memory, but nothing else. And no direct-play from SD-card either. So If you want styles-collection put it in your computer and ?pick styles up? when needed. Kn2600 comes with USB-connections and PC-programs, so I really do not see this memory-lack as a problem. Users without PCs should disagree with me here thou. "

They definitely don't have any PC.

What are the implications of this in terms of use of styles?

#54398 - 11/09/07 03:30 AM Re: Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi there
Certainly the only way to put non-standard styles into the KN2600 is through SD Cards because there is no other loading method such as floppy disks. Transferring styles via USB cable from PC to KN2600 is also possible but by the way you describe their technical competence I don't think that route is possible.
Now it's one thing to have the right styles for western music it's another thing to have the sheet music unless of course they are very talented and play by ear.
I take it that there is an increasing demand for western pop music at weddings in Indonesia? Please e-mail me on RMepstead@btinternet.com if I can help further.

#54399 - 11/09/07 04:32 PM Re: Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello,

You ask if there is any limitation on the SD Card? I doubt if you would need anything larger than a 1GB SD Card as the limitation is with the keyboard not the card, because
you can only save 99 Folders with 20 songs to each.

Roger has given you his email address and I would strongly advise you to email him as I know you will get all the help you need.

Good luck!

Audrey

#54400 - 11/10/07 06:34 AM Re: Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
A useful link / contact for you regarding midi files... www.geocities.com/dangdutfamily/

#54401 - 11/10/07 10:14 AM Re: Stuff to get for Technics keyboard (KN2600)
thelawnet Offline

Could someone kindly clarify for me the difference between a style and a midi?

Is a style just the backing, for you to play the melody on top? So the style would last the length of one song? And the midi being the full song in its various parts.

Would the style set all the instruements including that for the melody?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online