SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#54348 - 03/06/02 03:14 PM Re: official announcement of kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bill,
humph! the idea that you cannot code a windows without having IE built in is so ludicrous as to be beyond the amount of ludicrous needed to be completely ludicrous.

ps my love has not increased!

#54349 - 03/06/02 11:54 PM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
While I have been a PC user since the mid 1980s I have always found Microsoft's aproach to OS design to be severely lacking for a company that makes so much money yet don't seem able to sink it back into the areas of development that really need attention. CPM-86 showed great multitasking potential back in the mid 80s yet it took Microsoft another 10 years before they even introduced a multitasking OS. And we are now only getting closer to shaking off old DOS legacy code still built into the OS. I don't know why Microsoft didn't simply build Windows correctly back in the late 80s/ early 90s and simply emulate DOS in software rather than continuing to try and keep building Windows on top of DOS code for which we have been paying for for years in terms of instability. Bill G. has made some unwise decisions over the years, and though it has not hurt his success in business it peeves me that the money made is not really used to improve the product.

Though given that web browsing is simply accessing a network and providing FTP, HTML and Java protocols, web protocol should be provided transparently as you browse files whether they are local on your computer or elsewhere online. This pretty much means that IE capability should eventually become integrated as are all other network protocols. It unfortunately makes sense. But Microsoft's claim that they can't not integrate IE with Windows is an absurd defence. It is a business decision to make such a claim, not an issue of software engineering design.

#54350 - 03/07/02 01:12 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Nigel,
off topic, but I absolutely agree 110%. There is no earthly reason why dos could not be emulated for favourite legacy applications not available elsewhere. This should and could easily have been done with the successor to win95. We had enough processor and ram etc to manage it then. Where microsoft spend all their research money is a complete mystery to me... probably on lear jets and marketing to advertise the latest windows launch in the jungles of borneo.

#54351 - 03/08/02 12:11 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
What a STUPID ad. Does that image conjure up anything positive about the keyboard? NO ! All I think of is NIKE ! Give us a real picture ......Just DO it !

#54352 - 03/08/02 01:24 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

ah, but if they did that, they would not have the traditional technics 'teaser' campaign, where little titbits of information come out one at a time...

dealers both sides of the Atlantic tell me they already have orders for 7000 when no-one has actually seen it yet.... ???

#54353 - 03/08/02 02:55 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Dutch player Offline

Loc: Wormerveer, Netherlands
How much of the specs and stuff might we expect to be presented on the Messe then? If they continue this so called traditional 'teaser' campaign, it might possibly be oktober before we will completely know what to expect on the new keyboard. Lets hope this tiny bits of information will all come to us in the next month
At least we can hear some reports from those of you who go to the Messe themselves. I am looking forward to read your postings

#54354 - 03/08/02 08:26 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
dealers both sides of the Atlantic tell me they already have orders for 7000 when no-one has actually seen it yet.... ???

Yes - typical. Many people are brainwashed into thinking that the kn series is so far ABOVE the pack because of how they are marketed. The home stores charge so much for them, that some people think that they're the best, just because they cost the most. That thinking won't last much longer, now that "Global sales" are increasing. The era of the UNLIMITED list price is almost over. Consumers are too smart to fall for that anymore. I think you'll see many kn7000's sell for the same price as the competition. At least, I hope so. They are certainly in line with the pack, but NOT ahead of it.

#54355 - 03/08/02 09:39 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quoted UD: Yes - typical.........

Yes, just as many others are "brainwashed" regarding to other brands,
always claiming that the brand they play, always is the best!

I think the customers are so smart that they will look after the options
who suit theyr personal needs, rather than only looking to the price.
But I agree that the pricelevel should be similiar when products are in
the same "quality and category".

If the KN7000 is ahead or in line with the pack, I guess we have to wait
and see, just as we have to do regarding other brands coming models.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#54356 - 03/08/02 10:23 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

sorry, nothing to do with brainwashing, or with high prices here.

On this side of the atlantic the kn is better value than yamaha, the market penetration high and pricing is quite different from the states.

There is a section of perhaps mature and more affluent customers that have never been disappointed with the top keyboards, and will regularly change models because they like them.
Some try yamaha or others and come back after a few weeks and change them for kn because they can use them that much easier. These people may not be professional players (although I know many pros who prefer the kn) but they know what they like and enjoy. They are not brainwashed into anything.

Maybe you are a little brainwashed into believing that the kn7000 can "NOT be ahead of the pack" when you have never seen one yet?

#54357 - 03/08/02 10:59 AM Re: official announcement of kn7000
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
[B]
Yes - typical. Many people are brainwashed into thinking that the kn series is so far ABOVE the pack
------------------------------------------
Do yourself a favour uncle Dave get real & treat yourself to a KN or failing that be happy with your psr2000 & don't try telling us here about something of which you know nothing.
Any pro worth his salt would not get involved in discussions concerning the opposition.
Whilst you are very happy with your Yamaha you have to accept that members on a Technics discussion forum are going to talk about the virtues of their keyboards
& what delights await them with a new model or maybe the problems they experience with their present one for after all they should know they actually own one.
Johnnie

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online