SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54312 - 05/27/03 09:33 PM PICTURES
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi All.....

I'm having very little luck trying to load pictures on a 7000 sequenced song.

I followed Alec's book to the letter,step by maticulous step, and only 4 of 14 pictures saved on a floppy and added to a sequence show in the song.

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe Home Edition 4.0
to edit and size the photos at 640 x 240 pixels and save as a JPG. All 14 Pictures were edited the same way, and they all seem to load into PICTURES on the 7000, and I get the sucessful "dink" sound when adding user PIC to sequence.
I've tried it 3 times, and the same 4 pics (#2,3,4 and 5) show up and then the screen is blank for the remainder

I thought of trying to save as a BMP, but in that format, the size of the file is much larger (only 3 pics fit on a disk)

So if anyone has a better way, please let us know, how you save, the type of software you use for editing and any other info or tips that would be helpful.
(I've got to get my 2 little Angel Grandaughter photos included)

Thanks
Larry Hawk

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 05-27-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#54313 - 05/28/03 03:28 AM Re: PICTURES
technicsplayer Offline

this tends to happen when the picture format is not quite right for some reason; if the control track programming was not done correctly you will get a 'No Data' message when the picture should appear.

Compare carefully the information panel properties of the pics that show with the properties of the ones that don't. Maybe reduce the colours to 256 if the pixel size and standard jpg saving checks out ok?

if you have no luck, I'll mail you, after all we'd want your grandaughters to be in their own slideshow!

#54314 - 05/28/03 06:20 AM Re: PICTURES
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I re checked all the pics on the floppy and they are all the same format(640 x 240 jpg)although they range from about 20kb to 45kb

Where would the "No Data" message appear?
I get a blank screen.

Anytime I get an expert to offer mail help, I'll take it.

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

I just noticed that the pictures are saved as JPEG. Is this the same format as a JPG ?

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 05-28-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#54315 - 05/28/03 07:02 AM Re: PICTURES
technicsplayer Offline

no, that could well be the problem, load them in your editor again and just save them as simple jpg format. Renaming the jpeg to jpg might even work.

The 'No Data' appears in the screen when you have commanded a picture to appear that you have not loaded.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online