SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54269 - 01/26/03 10:35 AM Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
OK ......so you bought the KN7000 .

How would you rate from 1 to 10 ?

How about the expansion cards , are they worth it ?

#54270 - 01/26/03 02:13 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I would probably rate it 9.5 out of 10. Haven't found a perfect keyboard yet but it's pretty close to it.
As for the cards, I've got all 4 and I like them.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
OK ......so you bought the KN7000 .

How would you rate from 1 to 10 ?

How about the expansion cards , are they worth it ?

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 02-03-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#54271 - 01/27/03 02:54 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I Love it I especially like the USB link for transfer to CD. The key action is lighter and I think more responsive than the KN6000 (which I still own) I think the inclusion of the SD card is a big step forward, despite some of the 'difficulties' some forum members are having. Having a fast built-in large storage system, which is virtually limitless, is great, compared with paying the extortionate price for a hard drive and the prices for the SD cards are slowly coming down.
I bought the EW-03 and EW-04 and am generally very pleased with them. There are a few sounds which I consider a bit 'Naff', particularly on the EW-04 - the 'Vocal Patterns'.
Marks out of ten? I would certainly say a healthy 9.5

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54272 - 01/27/03 06:11 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Willum ..... I'm interested in some of the sounds on the EW-04, particularly the jazz tenor sax, brush pattern kit, and the jazz organ sounds ..... how do you rate them compared to some of the sounds on the kn6000?
thnx,
t.

#54273 - 01/27/03 11:23 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Tony, The Jazz Tenor Sax on the EW-04 is superb, particularly in the lower register notes. You can really hear the sort of 'Clack' the reed makes at the start of the note. In my opinion, it's the best Tenor I've heard.
I haven't played around much with the brush pattern kit so can't really give you an informed opinion yet. Give me a day or two and I'll have a 'play around' with it and get back to you.
There are no dedicated Jazz Organ sounds as such on the EW-04. There are a few 'Electric Organ' and other organ sounds but I would not rate any of them for playing jazz. The best Jazz organ sounds without a doubt, are already built in to the KN7000

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#54274 - 01/27/03 11:41 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Tony,
if you are interested in hearing some sounds etc. by yourself, be welcome on my homepage. You can download 3 beautifull KN7000 demo-registrations in mp3-format and pherhaps it helps you to hear and rate the K7 by yourself.
Best regards,
Cees.
------------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Willum ..... I'm interested in some of the sounds on the EW-04, particularly the jazz tenor sax, brush pattern kit, and the jazz organ sounds ..... how do you rate them compared to some of the sounds on the kn6000?
thnx,
t.

#54275 - 01/27/03 01:20 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cees .. thank you ... right now I am very happy with my kn6 and I'm not really looking to upgrade , but I'm constantly looking for better sax sounds, jazz organs, and good jazz rhythmns ... but I'll take a listen ...
thnx agn,
t.

#54276 - 01/28/03 06:19 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
I would rate my 7000 a 10 plus.

To me the amazing SD Card System alone was worth the investment.
It has almost unlimited storage capabilites and also almost instant replay of a song.

We as 7000 owners are a unique an fortunate group. We have both the SD card and the disk drive at our disposal. They both complement each other.

I have found the new organ tabs and organ stylist programs outstanding. I even feel the style arrangers registrations are much improved. Specially the Miller sound.
Its sound system is even better with a much improved bass line.
These are just a few of the many new features I have found.

I have always found Technics to be the best user friendly keyboard on the market and our 7000 is no exception.
It has something for everyone.

If you are into the technical aspects of a keyboard and like to dig deep into its technical features then this keyboard is for you.

If you are not interested in its technical aspects like I am you will find its basic features a joy.

A lot has been said about its vocal harmonizer or lack of a workable one.
I do not sing so this area is of no value to me.
Again buying a keyboard is a personal choice. How you use it and play it is entirely up to you.

If you are an experienced or inexperienced keyboard player I highly recommend this fantasic Kn7000.
Again it has something for everyone.

As Donny Pesce and Jeff Mazza would say
"Play Music Every Day"

#54277 - 01/29/03 02:33 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

I Do, I Do, I Do.....

Aldous Huxley

#54278 - 01/29/03 04:47 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Me To, Me To, Me To.....

#54279 - 01/29/03 07:20 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
MeToo, Me Too, Me Too!
Walt

#54280 - 01/29/03 07:24 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
They Doo, They Doo, They Doo

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-29-2003).]

#54281 - 01/29/03 07:55 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
jaxziel Offline

Loc: Robbinsville,NJ,USA
I have had my 7000 for 3 months now and find it a valuable tool and companion to my sax playing (at this stage of my life) hobby.I am fortunate in the fact I have a Roland VA7,Vk7 and a Korg Karma in my arsenal.How do I rate the 7000 to these instruments??? Great,great,great.Not as punchy as the Roland but a definate winner in the styles,sax sounds, accordians and some of the hard to replicate even on a real B3, organ sounds.All in all it's a keeper for life. The Karma is a diffrent animal so I won't mention it in this forum I do love that beast though. The blues,swing and R@R sounds are fantastic as are almost all the styles.My only gripe I got took on the price $3700 in Trenton area. Jax

#54282 - 01/29/03 08:22 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
You Guys are TO much ,To Much ,To Much.

#54283 - 01/29/03 12:55 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

100% right Alec. The SD is great once you get the hang of it. I notice a lot of complaints about the SD on the forum. It is far superior to floppies when you master the new technology. If this grey head can do it anyone can.

Jax
Price has always been a problem with organs/keyboards, It appears a fair asking price here is about $3000.

Fran in Florida

#54284 - 01/29/03 12:56 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

You Guys are TO much ,To Much ,To Much.

Your all a bunch of repeat offenders .

Great feed back !

#54285 - 01/30/03 02:27 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I just bought my 7000 today. Great! Will comment in detail after I have settled in.

Len C.

#54286 - 01/30/03 05:27 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
jaxziel Offline

Loc: Robbinsville,NJ,USA
Len ya may never settle in with this gem,my house is in shambles and the war dept. is yellen for me to get some air and do something adult so good luck and happy kickin. Jax

#54287 - 01/30/03 07:53 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi Dan-O,
Am very pleased with the 7000, sounds of instruments, the upgraded sound system, organs and etc. My question to you is, Will you be selling a new bag to transport the keyboard? With wheels?
Best Regards,
Dave

#54288 - 01/31/03 12:04 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
I totally agree with you Alex. Even the mic and harmoniser is usable and I have had no complaints from people who have sung through mine. O.K it isn't as good as a dedicated unit but you do need to have a reasonable singing voice.
As for the rest of the keyboard then it definitely gets 10 plus and plus and plus from me.Over the last fifty years I've been lucky enough to have owned several top of the range organs, Lowrey Heritage and Roland A T 70 being the last two. To me, the organ section on the 7000 is without the best on any keyboard that I've ever heard, so much so that I have now sold the organ and I am putting a 17 note pedalboard with the 7000,
plus a pair of quality speakers, a decent keyboard stand and what better can you get?
NONE!!!!! If I find I want more keys then I will probably put another slave keyboard with it.
I have just been on the other site
and read a post which is so negative about the 7000 I'm began to wonder if I had the same instrument. What a bore!!!
It's such a wonderful instrument with so much to entertain with, that at least I won't be bored.
p.b.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

I would rate my 7000 a 10 plus.

To me the amazing SD Card System alone was worth the investment.
It has almost unlimited storage capabilites and also almost instant replay of a song.

We as 7000 owners are a unique an fortunate group. We have both the SD card and the disk drive at our disposal. They both complement each other.

I have found the new organ tabs and organ stylist programs outstanding. I even feel the style arrangers registrations are much improved. Specially the Miller sound.
Its sound system is even better with a much improved bass line.
These are just a few of the many new features I have found.

I have always found Technics to be the best user friendly keyboard on the market and our 7000 is no exception.
It has something for everyone.

If you are into the technical aspects of a keyboard and like to dig deep into its technical features then this keyboard is for you.

If you are not interested in its technical aspects like I am you will find its basic features a joy.

A lot has been said about its vocal harmonizer or lack of a workable one.
I do not sing so this area is of no value to me.
Again buying a keyboard is a personal choice. How you use it and play it is entirely up to you.

If you are an experienced or inexperienced keyboard player I highly recommend this fantasic Kn7000.
Again it has something for everyone.

As Donny Pesce and Jeff Mazza would say
"Play Music Every Day"

#54289 - 01/31/03 01:32 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
Love It, Love It, Love It

Regards

Brian

#54290 - 02/03/03 03:59 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Poul-Henning Offline

Loc: Tjaereborg, Denmark
I find the 7000 the best instrument, I've ever had: The worst thing I'm working on, is to transfer all sequenced music from the HD-SX6 into the SD-memory. Not all adresses are having the same "postal code" - is there an easier way? - I have about 1000 tunes!!!
It is although an wxcellent keyboard, and I enjoy to have with me on the road here in Denmark.
Hope for an idea
Best Danish musical regards

------------------
Solomusikeren

#54291 - 02/03/03 08:55 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
av909 Offline

Loc: Brea,Ca
I got my new kn7000 Saturday, and I love it! This is also my first post. Allene

#54292 - 02/03/03 12:34 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome Allene. You will find a lot of great keyboard friends on this site.:0

Fran in Florida

#54293 - 02/03/03 02:46 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Allene,

Welcome to the SynthZone Technics Forum! I know you will benefit from your membership. We are a happy group - always helping each other with hints and tips. We have a wealth of talent here. If you have a question just ask. Chances are one of our members will have an answer for you. Many have the KN7000 including Fran (above) and will be happy to assist you if you need help.

As an aside, I am a displaced Californian living in the United Kingdom. I grew up in the city of Bell, not far from Brea. That was way back in the 30s and 40s. It was a very different town then from the town I found it to be just a few years ago when I drove through it.

Again Allene - Welcome aboard!

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 02-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 02-03-2003).]

#54294 - 02/03/03 08:16 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by av909:
I got my new kn7000 Saturday, and I love it! This is also my first post. Allene

HI Allene,
A great big welcome to our Technics Forum. We are happy for you to get a new Technics KN7000 and happy for us to get a new member.
I am sure all your needs can be met here on this forum. Don't be shy. You have a problem, one of us will have an answer or will research it til we do. The people here are a wonderful big family.
I am happy to have another Californian here too. Watch out for those Tar Pits, There maybe be a sleeper or two left that might get you. There were a lot of bad critters used to hang out there
Best to you and yours,

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#54295 - 02/03/03 09:14 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Two brief messages: First for Allene, a hearty WELCOME to the Forum! I think you will find before long that you have an incredible number of new friends here (including me ) who have a wealth of information, expertise and friendship that is not available anywhere else! I have learned that no question posted here is ever considered "dumb", so feel free to ask when you have a question, problem or comment. I am just a rank amateur keyboard player but my 7000 is the joy of my life--well, the second joy of my life (my wife still is the first! ). Much of the pleasure I have gotten from it has been through help received here on the Forum from Forum friends. So, welcome, Allene; make yourself comfortable and enjoy along with us all!

My second message is for Dan, who wanted to know our opinion of the new 7000. You probably already know how I feel about it but I wanted to comment publicly here on the Forum to tell you (again) how happy I am with this incredible instrument that makes even me sound good. Thank you personally, Dan!! Definitely a 10!

Cheers, Allene, Dan and all my Forum Friends!!

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 02-03-2003).]

#54296 - 02/03/03 09:46 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
av909 Offline

Loc: Brea,Ca
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Allene

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online