SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54269 - 01/26/03 10:35 AM Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
OK ......so you bought the KN7000 .

How would you rate from 1 to 10 ?

How about the expansion cards , are they worth it ?

#54270 - 01/26/03 02:13 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I would probably rate it 9.5 out of 10. Haven't found a perfect keyboard yet but it's pretty close to it.
As for the cards, I've got all 4 and I like them.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
OK ......so you bought the KN7000 .

How would you rate from 1 to 10 ?

How about the expansion cards , are they worth it ?

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 02-03-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#54271 - 01/27/03 02:54 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I Love it I especially like the USB link for transfer to CD. The key action is lighter and I think more responsive than the KN6000 (which I still own) I think the inclusion of the SD card is a big step forward, despite some of the 'difficulties' some forum members are having. Having a fast built-in large storage system, which is virtually limitless, is great, compared with paying the extortionate price for a hard drive and the prices for the SD cards are slowly coming down.
I bought the EW-03 and EW-04 and am generally very pleased with them. There are a few sounds which I consider a bit 'Naff', particularly on the EW-04 - the 'Vocal Patterns'.
Marks out of ten? I would certainly say a healthy 9.5

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54272 - 01/27/03 06:11 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Willum ..... I'm interested in some of the sounds on the EW-04, particularly the jazz tenor sax, brush pattern kit, and the jazz organ sounds ..... how do you rate them compared to some of the sounds on the kn6000?
thnx,
t.

#54273 - 01/27/03 11:23 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Tony, The Jazz Tenor Sax on the EW-04 is superb, particularly in the lower register notes. You can really hear the sort of 'Clack' the reed makes at the start of the note. In my opinion, it's the best Tenor I've heard.
I haven't played around much with the brush pattern kit so can't really give you an informed opinion yet. Give me a day or two and I'll have a 'play around' with it and get back to you.
There are no dedicated Jazz Organ sounds as such on the EW-04. There are a few 'Electric Organ' and other organ sounds but I would not rate any of them for playing jazz. The best Jazz organ sounds without a doubt, are already built in to the KN7000

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#54274 - 01/27/03 11:41 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Tony,
if you are interested in hearing some sounds etc. by yourself, be welcome on my homepage. You can download 3 beautifull KN7000 demo-registrations in mp3-format and pherhaps it helps you to hear and rate the K7 by yourself.
Best regards,
Cees.
------------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Willum ..... I'm interested in some of the sounds on the EW-04, particularly the jazz tenor sax, brush pattern kit, and the jazz organ sounds ..... how do you rate them compared to some of the sounds on the kn6000?
thnx,
t.

#54275 - 01/27/03 01:20 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cees .. thank you ... right now I am very happy with my kn6 and I'm not really looking to upgrade , but I'm constantly looking for better sax sounds, jazz organs, and good jazz rhythmns ... but I'll take a listen ...
thnx agn,
t.

#54276 - 01/28/03 06:19 PM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
I would rate my 7000 a 10 plus.

To me the amazing SD Card System alone was worth the investment.
It has almost unlimited storage capabilites and also almost instant replay of a song.

We as 7000 owners are a unique an fortunate group. We have both the SD card and the disk drive at our disposal. They both complement each other.

I have found the new organ tabs and organ stylist programs outstanding. I even feel the style arrangers registrations are much improved. Specially the Miller sound.
Its sound system is even better with a much improved bass line.
These are just a few of the many new features I have found.

I have always found Technics to be the best user friendly keyboard on the market and our 7000 is no exception.
It has something for everyone.

If you are into the technical aspects of a keyboard and like to dig deep into its technical features then this keyboard is for you.

If you are not interested in its technical aspects like I am you will find its basic features a joy.

A lot has been said about its vocal harmonizer or lack of a workable one.
I do not sing so this area is of no value to me.
Again buying a keyboard is a personal choice. How you use it and play it is entirely up to you.

If you are an experienced or inexperienced keyboard player I highly recommend this fantasic Kn7000.
Again it has something for everyone.

As Donny Pesce and Jeff Mazza would say
"Play Music Every Day"

#54277 - 01/29/03 02:33 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Bill Norrie Offline

I Do, I Do, I Do.....

Aldous Huxley

#54278 - 01/29/03 04:47 AM Re: Now that you have settled in with your KN7000 .....how would you rate it ?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Me To, Me To, Me To.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online