SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54166 - 09/03/03 10:52 PM Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I've been searching the internet for the KN7000 owners manuel, but with no luck.

Does anyone know if it is online anyplace?

I wanted to see the sounds and style lists.

If not online, I wonder if someone would mind either emailing or snailmailing the sounds and style lists to me?

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#54167 - 09/04/03 05:50 AM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Try http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMan/FindManual.asp?Pass=3

The download is almost 8 megs. If you do not have high speed internet it will take a very long time to download.

#54168 - 09/04/03 07:07 AM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Scott, perchance you obtained the list of sounds and styles, what do you think the next question would be? Wow! What a list, but how do they compare with the bla bla bla? Or, but is it true I heard the, what-cha-ma-call-it, isn’t as good as the blankity blank of the blank? I know some people get their wives by mail-order from a speck sheet provided by the organization of ‘Wives for the lovesick gents of desperation living in lazy land’. Scott, I spent some time and effort looking for a wife that would suit me, my personality, my needs and wants. By looking over a number of candidates I choose Ruthie. Let me tell you it worked. I got even more than I needed or wanted. Six kids!!! In retrospect, my choice and time spent looking, has given me much pleasure and satisfaction to this very day. She is still trying but I think she is too old to have more. There are exceptions, but I think most of us that play with what we have auditioned, purchased and loved, the KN’s, have been rewarded for our efforts. So I would suggest, Scott, that you do the same. Take a little time and effort to check out the keyboard in person if really interested. As far as I know the owners manuel has no off-on button and no speakers. How many people buy your lovely Lawrey organs from a spec sheet or owners manuel? Is it not the sound and ease of use that you sell and demonstrate?

Grandpa Doug

#54169 - 09/04/03 02:03 PM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Scott, I thought you were purchacing a 2600 ? Are these sounds and styles compatible ?

Doug, it was nice of you to "choose" Ruthie.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#54170 - 09/04/03 04:59 PM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Larry, there are times Ruthie thinks so too. Then there are times she tells me she’s not so sure. Oh,Oh! She just looked over my shoulder and said, all in all, your a keeper. Not sure if she really means it or is just looking for me to take her out to dinner this evening. Just to be on the safe side I think I’ll choose the latter. Kind of like getting a keyboard. Nice to know it’s a keeper.

Grandpa Doug

P.S. Purchasing a 2600? Sometimes conversation is more fun and a heck of a lot cheaper.

#54171 - 09/04/03 07:42 PM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000

Hey Gang

This is really kind of cool here. Its like having another little family at the Technics forum.

Ya, I like to get a little idea in comparison with specs when there are none to be seen in this part of the country.

We don't even give out literature on Lowrey organs as a rule. Why? Because there is X number of organs availabe, they have a lot of buttons that say the same thing like, piano, trumpet, clarinet, etc. And of course until you hear it, it doesn't make any difference. Would one expect the clarinet on a $1700 instrument to sound like one on a top of the line? Of course not. Even the speakers and watts and all don't impress me until I hear it myself.

It's just like trumpet my main instrument. The all look the same. They have spec sheets on them, saying this and that kind of metal and that kind of bore. It's not til I blow one that I can tell you..

Anyway, I am considering a 2600 or possible a 7000. I understand the 2600 is kind of like a mini 7000. Kind of like the difference between my PSR2000 and a Tyros.

I would be willing to bet I'd love either one of them, probably preferring the 7000, however, the weight + case is pushing it for me.

But what ever one I get, I will have to audition it for a trial period. To see if I want it. Which means I will have to buy one, just to test it. Some places have a 30 - 45 days return. Or one could certainly get their money back on ebay.

So that's where I'm at on this one as of tonight.

Best

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 09-04-2003).]

#54172 - 09/04/03 09:12 PM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Quote, just a couple of hours ago: “I'm about to order a KN2600 so yes, I'd love to try out the styles”. (The styles Alec is talking about in his post). My goodness, I can hardly keep up, Scott! What’s it going to be tomorrow?

Grandpa Doug

#54173 - 09/04/03 10:55 PM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000

Hey Gramps

New developments.

#54174 - 09/05/03 04:28 AM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Re the KN2600 - one of my Keyboards Club members has purchased one and I'm delighted to say that it accepts KN7000 style files...
Just one thing - the only way you can load them is through the SD memory card because the KN2600 does not have a slot for a floppy disk...
Now tell me who's selling/offering SD cards with style files already loaded on them???
So all your special rhythms, Scott, on your existing Yamaha or whatever would be rendered useless, unless you have the computer technology to convert them and download them to an SD card in KN7000 format!
Cheers
Rog

#54175 - 09/05/03 05:18 AM Re: Looking for sounds and style list for KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Just got the word from Ruthie. Breakfast is ready. The toast is hot. More toast? By George! I think she's got it right again.

Grandpa Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online