SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54160 - 11/30/06 07:09 PM differences in volume of styles and sounds
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do you deal with the vast differences in the volume of onboard styles and sounds?

#54161 - 12/01/06 04:03 AM Re: differences in volume of styles and sounds
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If you can't achieve satifactory results by adjusting the individual level controls on the home screen, then you can transfer the style to the Composer, adjust the individual levels and then save the edited Style to SD card and use it instead of the original. There is usually plenty of scope for level adjustment, when the style is in the Composer.
To change the level of individual Sounds, select the sound in Right1 or Right2 and then use the Sound Editor facility, to adjust the volume level and then save in one of the Sound Memory locations. Having compiled a set of your edited sounds, save the Sound Memory to SD Card. Again, there is usually quite a bit of scope for Volume adjustment - for instance, I found that the Volume level of the JazzOrganSoloist was a bit low and I was able to increase this considerably......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54162 - 12/03/06 11:49 AM Re: differences in volume of styles and sounds
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Quote:
I found that the Volume level of the JazzOrganSoloist was a bit low and I was able to increase this considerably......

Willum, may I ask what you did? I know in Sound Edit > Tone > Level you can adjust the Vol. there. Is there another method, in case the Level setting is not doing the job? For example, if you need more Vol. and the Level is already set high. The Equalizer can be used, but this has a tendency to change the Tone as well.

Thank You

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 12-03-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online