SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54094 - 03/29/06 09:27 AM BACKUP MEMORY - ALEC
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
This post is for Alec for he answered my question sometime ago.

Alec, you said and I quote, "it's normal on the 7k, just different internal architechture from the 6k. The manual times are typo errors carried over from the 6k manual. Always save before switching off, SD makes it easy. I would never trust my work to internal power residue, even on the older machines"

The above made me feel better about the operation of the KN7000 HOWEVER, when leaving SEQUENCER, it states in the keyboard ITSELF that the memory lasts 80 minutes therefore, this is not a manual error. One would think that Technics would have corrected this in their keyboard. Knowing from experience that it doesn't last 80 minutes, I had a song in SEQUENCER, shut down and waited at least 2 minutes before turning it on and everything was there. I then shut down and waited about 10 minutes, turned on the keyboard and it was gone. Since this 80 minutes of memory is shown in the keyboard, your thoughts, Sir.

S

#54095 - 03/29/06 02:34 PM Re: BACKUP MEMORY - ALEC
technicsplayer Offline

the screen is a leftover from the 6k menu too, I haven't actually seen it myself for years since switched these "reminder" screens off in Customise as a waste of valuable time on day 1 of delivery of the keyboard. Always save to SD before switching off, anything else is just taking a risk with work I would never personally contemplate.

#54096 - 03/29/06 03:47 PM Re: BACKUP MEMORY - ALEC
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks, Alec. Once, again you have relieved me of anxieties. I must say that I find this most unusual that a company would be this careless in leaving this in a later model. Of course, the floppy drive is designed exactly in the KN7000 as it was in the KN6000. I was unaware that you could delete this sort of thing. You state, in "Customise" - how do you do that? (Sounds like the title of your book - tee hee, which I don't have, unfortunately and would loooooooooooooove to have.)

S

#54097 - 03/29/06 05:41 PM Re: BACKUP MEMORY - ALEC
technicsplayer Offline

press Customise then Display Time Out, set the first 3 (or 4) OFF, and the others to a number of seconds appropriate to your use, OK in the screen to write to flash memory, and operation is significantly speeded up without the nag screens.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online