SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53458 - 02/23/02 11:15 PM Song transfer from one disk to another
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I am trying to condense and organise my files before "upgrading".This is my "current" problem. Suppose I have previously recorded a complete song arrangement including comp. and panel memories to occupy Song No. 5 position on the Song Load page and subsequently to song No. 5 on the Song Sequencer page. Now I want to load and save the song to DISK 2 at No 1 position on the Song Load page and to song No 1 position on the Song Sequencer page, (since I already have a song on No 5).I save the song to No 1 on the new disk but when the PLAY button is pressed it still sAys SEQENCER SONG No 5.I now have 4 songs on the new disk all declaring themselves to be SEQUENCER SONG 5.They should be 1 2 3and 4. They all play when loaded. But the sequencer song numbers don't match the song load number. It's all so confusin'. Am I doing something wrong?. I would appreciate an answer so much. Cheers.Jean.

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 02-23-2002).]

#53459 - 02/24/02 01:39 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Jean Olivia,
I'm not using this function any much, but I'm wondering about since your
songs are saved and loading OK, could it be just to rename the songtitles
or names in sequenser to get it right?
Kind regards
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#53460 - 02/24/02 02:10 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
technicsplayer Offline

Gunnar just beat me to it!
It sounds like you named the songs, song 1, song 2 etc.
Just call them by their titles and you can single save and then mix and match to your hearts content...

#53461 - 02/24/02 05:03 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
Jean Olivia Offline

Hi Jonny and Alc. thanks for coming to my aid. The titles are correct- Its the numbering thats wrong. This is what I do exactly.
I load song No. 1 "Millie" from disk No 1. "Millie" is now No 1 song on the load page, the sequencer play page, and the song medley page, with panel memories, composer etc. all correct
Now I subtract disk 1 and insert disk 2. Now this is where it gets "hairy".
I want to save SONG 1 MILLIE TO SONG 4 MILLIE on the new disk- this is to fill a space where I have deleted an unwanted song.
I press disk save. On the SAVE page, MILLIE is already named at the top so I dont have to name it again, I scroll to NO 4 position and press save and I presume MILLIE is now saved there-but no such luck!!!
When I press the Play button the song sequencer page comes up and tells me Song No 1 is MILLIE Song No 4 is empty. MILLIE IS STILL NO 4 ON THE LOAD PAGE, and if I reload comes up allright except that its as No 1. I'm sorry I'm not catching on to this but I can't see what I am doing wrong. I"m not losing any songs. They all come up when I load them but the numbers are all wrong.
Maybe I'm going about this completely the wrong way as I cant find anything about it in the manual and the magazine site seems to be " Out of action." Thanks in anticipation. Maybe the LOAD numbers and the SONG numbers dont match and I'm trying to make the keyboard do something it can't do.I want to be able to help the person who is buying my K.N. 5000.so although I am going to get either the 6500 or the 7000 I still have a few things i don't quite understand. Thanks again. Cheers jean.

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 02-24-2002).]

#53462 - 02/24/02 09:35 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
technicsplayer Offline

you are not using page 3 to save and load.

use page 3 of the save page, this saves the song as a single song.

a normal save on page 1 saves a song as a single song in song position 1 with 9 positions empty.

when you have saved all your songs as single songs, then you can load them on page 3 of the load page. Here you can select which song position you want to load them to.

the problem will be solved.

#53463 - 02/26/02 02:52 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
Jean Olivia Offline

Alec-I'm still not with it. You are right- I only ever used page 3 of save or load once and lost all my settings so decided it was a good place to avoid. I need to understand their functions before I start moving files around
I loaded 3 songs from another file as an experiment -all titled and with settings to page 1 of the load page and then saved each one individually on page 1 of the save page, saving all data with each one,Then I went to page 3 of the Save page and saved each one individually but now I notice if I go back to the load page I only have the sequencer data saved.Is this what you meant to do? It would help to know the sequence of the operations. I'll keep trying- sooner or later it will start to sink in.Reguards Jean

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 02-26-2002).]

#53464 - 02/26/02 08:26 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
technicsplayer Offline

first of all load from one disk, but save to another, then you will not lose any original information.

yes page 3 saves only the sequencer, this is correct. You can then load this on page 3 to any of the 10 song positions in the sequencer.

if you use only presets all you need is the sequencer file, you do not need any other files.

once you have collected 10 songs in the sequencer, then you do a page 1 save to save all 10 at the same time.

if you use composers and sound edits, just make sure the correct composer and sound files are saved at the same time as the page 1 sequencer save.

so use page 3 save only to get an existing song in single song format.

use page 3 load to arrange single songs as you want them in order in the sequencer.

then use a page 1 save to save all 10 songs in the sequencer at one time - in combination with any other sections of the keyboard you need for the songs to play correctly.

#53465 - 02/27/02 04:40 AM Re: Song transfer from one disk to another
Jean Olivia Offline

Thanks Alec. I will work on this. I can see how it works now. The problem is when you have other keyboards you try to make the one you don't understand behave like the one you do!I appreciate you help. Reguards. Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online