SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5324 - 02/10/04 11:24 AM Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey ed, I noticed that we do most of our communicateing via this BBS instead of email, So I figured why not start a thread to talk to each other about synths and such since you are the one who seems to replay to my posts the most anyway. This way if I have a question or you wanted to ask me something we can post here. Mainly since we are on here a lot.

That and the fact the my topic on the Juno 106 is up to three pages long and 106 replies. Though most are between both of us.

#5325 - 02/10/04 12:04 PM Re: Hey 3351
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Agreed!
Even though we e-mail each other on an almost dayly bases, posting here is fun.

-ED-

#5326 - 02/11/04 04:54 AM Re: Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh good! Thought this would be a good idea.

Anyway are you planning on buying a complete .com system or are you going to buy a piece at a time? You will of course let me know when you get it. I am very interested in what they are like. I have read good things about these systems and that people really enjoy them. This is still one thing I am considering at some point. I even thought about buying the contorller keyboard and getting a copy of Arturia's Moog V.

Anyway best of luck with your endevor.

#5327 - 02/11/04 05:54 AM Re: Hey 3351
3351 Offline

Originally I was going to get a QSS22 in a QSS44 cabinet, so I could add aditional modules as my needs grow. But as I had some time to think about it, I figured that I should get a QSS44 cabinet and just fill it with modules of my choice (like signal processors, lots of multiples, filter bank modules, preset modules, rectifires, instrument inputs etc.).
There are rumours that Roger is planning to come up with the pitch bend module - it's about time. Sucks doing nice lead parts without the pitch bend.

-ED-

#5328 - 02/11/04 06:17 AM Re: Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like you have this all worked out. Best of luck!

#5329 - 02/11/04 02:08 PM Re: Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey ed, remember how I said I was going to buy a .com system, and got you interested in one. And that I was going to use the refunds from my Taxes? Well I did my taxes today and found out that I do not have enough money to spend on buying a complete .com system. With the money I will be getting back from the IRS and my Maryland State tax will only total $961.00. That would cover the cost of atleat the cabinet and a couple of modules and maybe the controller keyboard. Although I have not completely given up the idea of a .com. I am going to hold off until I have more money to put towards stating to piece one together.

On the other hand I still have not given up the prospects of buying a Minimoog synthesizer. Well most likely a Voyager. The one thing I have noticed especially on ebay, That not too many Minis are being sold. Orginal and Voyagers. Especialy the ones going for over $1,000.00. The ones that are being sold are starting out with a low price and then bid on like crazy. And not just the mini, a lot of the other moog synths as well. Even the Moogerfoogers don't seem to be getting too many bids. Oh well!

I still have not done too much with the juno or the omni aside from stacking them on top of each other.

BTW: If you get a chance got to my thread on About Warning becareful where you go on the net. I got an odd reply from a junior memeber say that my wanring was of no value. And that I should be more informed about what and where I go. Balmeing me as if it was my own stupid fault.

#5330 - 02/11/04 06:30 PM Re: Hey 3351
3351 Offline

I thought you checked out the Voyager, but didn't like it.
I wonder why so many people are trying to sell their Voyagers on e-bay...Even Songbird get them in pretty often.
Too many used Voyagers out there...
Definitely not a good sign. TO think of it they haven't been around for that long.

BTW
I checked out the thread that you've mentioned. Junior's just trying to help. But I don't think it's his business to tell you if your thread is useful or not, or whatever he wrote there.

-ED-

#5331 - 02/12/04 04:50 AM Re: Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm! That can't be good. Actually I really hadn't tried one out. I may have jumped to conclusions. Actually the main thing I don't like about the Voyager is it's too expensive. Rangeing in price form $2695 to $3000. Moog just released there Anaversiry Edition for $3000.00. Which I think is outrageous. I'm not crtizieing Dr. Moog I think he has done some fantastic stuff. But it's interesting to note that he is still building VC components in the digital age. Albeit VCO's that are more stable. I am even finding the moogerfooger peadles on ebay as well. The other reason is becuse there are a lot of synths and pedals on the market that are a lot cheaper then what Moog is makeing. Plus the major three companies have been in continous business since they started. Where as Moog Music had been out of business for almost two decades. I think the best way for Moog to compete in todays market is too make a more affordable instrument. The same way Dave Smith and Roger Linn do with there instruments. The Evolver and Adrenalinn 1 and 2. Both are under $1,000.00. The Evolver at $475.00 and the Adrenalinn II at $499.00. Eevn though they are modules, not keyboard synths.

Maybe if Moog had test marketed the Voyager and asked people what they wanted, we would probably see fewer of them for sale on ebay. Who knows maybe someday they will gain in popularity like the orginal mini. Granted the new mini can save patches and has MIDI and that touch plate, but not some of the sam charateristics as the orginal. Maybe Moog should have devloped a totaly new synth, instead of trying to re-make the Minimoog. But that's just my opinion. If I were Dr. Moog I would have designed a slightly more affordable synth, but that's just me. Maybe something along the lines like Korg's New Legacy Colletion. Virtual effects plug-ins with MS-20 Controller. Where they Brought the MS-20 back as a keyboard controller for use with the virtual synths. Which contain software versions of the MS-20, Polysix and Wavestation. Which even features native suport for the microKontrol. For a complete music system. This sort of thing I could have seen done with the Minimoog. Where the Mini was made into a controller and had virtual versions of the orginal minimoog and one or two other Moog synths. I would like too see how well the Korg Legacy colletion does on the open market.

Yea, he did help But my therad was not just about what happend to me. I just wanted to get a conversation about the internet in general going. I probably could have phrased my topic better.

#5332 - 02/12/04 09:41 AM Re: Hey 3351
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hey you guys- get a room!

#5333 - 02/12/04 11:25 AM Re: Hey 3351
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uh Equalizer, funny, but I don't swing that way. I was just doing this becuse 3351 answers more of my synth questions here then my emails.

Besides Ed has a girlfriend and I am looking for one myself. Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online