SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53061 - 08/14/03 11:53 AM In Memory of Bob Hope
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
I have just added another 3 in 1 song group to my site for the KN7000,and one of the songs is "Thanks for the Memories" in Memory of Bob Hope.

My site is: www.lgosmeyer.com

I never was fortunate enough to meet him in person or to even see him in person. My fondest memories of my childhood days is Sunday night when my Mother would call to me while playing in the back yard, "Come on in, it's Bob Hope time (on the radio).

Do any of you have any special memories relating to Bob Hope. Maybe you met him in person, or maybe you were in one of the many military audiences that he entertained around the world.

Your thoughts or experiences, I think, would be interesting to hear about.

Larry

#53062 - 08/14/03 04:04 PM Re: In Memory of Bob Hope
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Larry G.
Thanks for Vol.8
As usual it is super! It is a joy to listen to your performances.

I never met Bob Hope while in the US Navy, however, I sorta met Joey Heatherton, who was the female co-star that was traveling with him. At the time they were entertaining troops aboard an Aircraft Carrier, and I was fortunate enough to catch some of the show.

I believe the Aircraft Carrier was the brand new JFK, and it was around 1969. I was aboard a Destroyer, and won, with others, from a lottery to be allowed to attend the Bob Hope Show. When we arrived on the JFK, I swear there were a million sailors jammed on the fantail. I don't remember much of the show, actually, I don't remember much of anything back then. (no comments Grandpa)

However, I do remember after the show, the beautiful Joey Heatherton was signing autographs, and I know I got one, ya gotta believe me, just dont ask me where it is.

Being in the Military had it's benifets..the Bob Hope Show was one of them..thanks for the memories.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#53063 - 08/15/03 06:54 AM Re: In Memory of Bob Hope
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
While I never met him or saw him in person, I have one funny memory about Mr. Hope... In my early teens, I was watching his tv show (on a 12 inch black and white tv, the ONLY one we had in our house) ... as was his norm, Mr. Hope had a beautiful, tall, long legged blond join him on stage ... It was the Christmas Holiday season, and the young lady had "Merry Christmas" written on one leg, and "Happy New Year" on the other ... of course the show was being televised live, .... Mr. Hope looked at her legs and commented "How about I meet you between the holidays?" ... in the next second the screen went blank, and a voice said "Due to technical difficulties the remainder of the show willl not be telecast." ... The sensors had obviously cut him off ... And now look at tv ... how far we have progressed?!?!? ... UNfortunately ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 08-15-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online