SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53016 - 02/17/03 01:05 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
technicsplayer Offline

thanks, Allene, with luck the new book will help as many people all over the world as the old one did.

Larry, these very subjects are explained in the book, maybe a new thread would be a better place to discuss rather than Thomas's thread?

In short:
1 No, because you can copy the whole disk to SD in one pass.
2 Yes, but the SD card has many more Technics play options than before.
3 Yes, but you can load midi as technics, use the far superior range of nx sounds, save as a technics midi and still use the console if you so wish only with nx sound.

p.s. you can get Alec's book soon

#53017 - 02/17/03 02:02 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Alec
I copied a disk full of midis to the SD Card and they play directly with the SD Console. However the midi files do not show on the K7SDCard Tool on my computer. So can I save midi files to SD as Technic so that they will show on the K7SDCard Tool ?

Anyway, I have more questions, but I'll wait for the book. I assume we will all know when and how to obtain it.

Thanks,
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#53018 - 02/17/03 02:10 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Alec,
good to see you're 'back' again. In your shortened answer to Peter (bullet 1 ) people should be aware that when one uses this kind of copying that the contents of the whole folder will be overwritten or replaced! Am I right .. ?

By the way, Larry, on my homepage I´v made an short overview of the copy and load procedures. Maybe it helps you while you´re waiting at Alec´s book ?
Greetings,
Cees
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:

In short:
1 No, because you can copy the whole disk to SD in one pass.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 02-17-2003).]

#53019 - 02/17/03 03:37 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
technicsplayer Offline

Larry, naturally if you save midis as technics sequencer files they can be manipulated in K7SD, but not played in console unless re-saved out afterwards as smf first. At the moment buying Techmanager7000 will give copy/paste/move/program playlists (99 lists of 99 songs each) of midis.

Cees, yes for technics, no for midis.

#53020 - 02/21/03 12:16 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Thomas,

I see that you now have V1.0.74 of the SD card tool on line incorporating the copy facility. Works well. Great stuff. Thanks.

Len C.

#53021 - 02/21/03 02:13 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vl.0.74 works good for me. Thanks

Fran in Florida

#53022 - 02/22/03 09:54 AM Re: 7SDCard Tool
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Does anyone have a print problem with SDCard Vl.0.74 ? The type setting is rather small, especially for some "older folks" . The Earlier version did not have this 'small' problem.

Other than that, I think it is a great program. In fact, I may send in a donation

Thanks, Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#53023 - 02/22/03 01:34 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Larry,

Yes the print has been changed from the initial version (presumably to fit more on a page) and is now quite small. However, you now have the capability to save the details as a text file. You can then open it in your favourite word processor and reformat, change font type and size, add your own personalised comments etc before printing. Thomas has taken all the hard work out of it. For the rest of us this is the easy part.
I see that V 1.0.77 is now available. I haven't yet found any significant differences
from V 1.0.74.
I also feel a donation is appropriate. Perhaps Thomas could provide details of the best way to acheive this.

Cheers
Len C.

#53024 - 02/22/03 02:35 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
maybe if all the users of Thomas's program contributed a little something, Thomas could get closer to actually being able to get himself a kn7000.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by manorcourt1991:
Hi Larry,

Yes the print has been changed from the initial version (presumably to fit more on a page) and is now quite small. However, you now have the capability to save the details as a text file. You can then open it in your favourite word processor and reformat, change font type and size, add your own personalised comments etc before printing. Thomas has taken all the hard work out of it. For the rest of us this is the easy part.
I see that V 1.0.77 is now available. I haven't yet found any significant differences
from V 1.0.74.
I also feel a donation is appropriate. Perhaps Thomas could provide details of the best way to acheive this.

Cheers
Len C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#53025 - 02/22/03 05:34 PM Re: 7SDCard Tool
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Has anyone had trouble getting the SD card tool to print out the card contents? I cannot get any of the last 3 versions to print.
Walt

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online