7SDCard Tool

Posted by: Anonymous

7SDCard Tool - 02/14/03 12:22 PM

Thomas, Alec, Cees and Ad,

What a great job you folks did creating the 7SDCard Tool Program. I am sure a lot of hard work went into its production. It would be an imposible task for me.

thanks to all of you,

Fran in Florida
Posted by: thkmcs

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/14/03 01:39 PM

Hello Friends and other

I will make in future new Function in
SD-Card Tool for Copy and moving Files
but please give me Time to make it...

Thank you very much for Feedbacks.

Regards
Thomas
THKMCS - www.thkmcs.de
Posted by: lahawk

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/14/03 08:15 PM

Its a nice program , and the future ability to copy and move files will really make it A+

Thanks Much

Larry Hawk

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/14/03 08:49 PM

Forgot to mention
So far, pretty good with the SD Card Tool. I notice that when I save songs to "Favorites Songs" from a folder, whatever is saved in Bank 1 is duplicated in Bank 2. If I save something in Bank 2, it is duplicated in Bank 3, and so on
I have tried clicking the CL Button in the duplicated banks and it shows " Clear " , but reverts back to duplicates. Does this happen to any one else ?
Anyway, thanks again for your hard work and continued success
Posted by: John North

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 04:02 AM

but reverts back to duplicates. Does this happen to any one else ?

Hi Larry

The answer to your question is NO. Any selections are just saved in the one bank, not dupicated
John

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 09:21 AM

Thomas has sent me an update that has fixed the duplicate problem.

Just one other minor problem. I can only type 1 letter in trying to name the Banks in Favorites. For example, I would like to name Bank 1 in Favorites as " Lounge ". It only allows me to type "L"

I hope that this does NOT come across as complaints from me. Thomas has said that he needs to know of problems with his new software, so that corrections can be made. It is actually helpful in his quest to perfect this fine program.

Does anyone have the "Name the Bank in Favorites Problem" ?

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Update: oops.. my fault. I figured out that in order to name a bank in favorites, the bank naming entry area has to be cleared first.( completely blank; no lines, letters, etc.) Minor problem no more !

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 02-15-2003).]
Posted by: Ad Rouw

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 10:40 AM

The SD-Card Tool is indeed a sweet little helpful tool for editing filenames and more. As Thomas stated, he intends to make it even more helpful in adding functions like copying and moving files.
As for the help I provided, that's just sending him infos and screenshot as Thomas doesn't own a KN7000 himself. Furthermore I was more than glad to help him in trying out and commenting on the beta versions. I don't know about Alec and Cees, but I surely wouldn't take the credits for developing this tool.
Thomas, thank you.
MfG, Ad.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 01:11 PM

Hi Thomas,
thank you for the wonderful little program. More amazing is the fact that you don't actually own a KN7000? but that you still have gone to all the trouble of writing it and sharing it with us.
Greatly apprecited.
I've also noticed that you keep updating it on your website.
thanks again
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by thkmcs:
Hello Friends and other

I will make in future new Function in
SD-Card Tool for Copy and moving Files
but please give me Time to make it...

Thank you very much for Feedbacks.

Regards
Thomas
THKMCS - www.thkmcs.de
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 02:49 PM

I wish to add my thanks to all involved in producing the SD Card Tool. I appreciate how much effort must have gone into the project, having written quite a bit of software in the past.
It certainly is a very useful tool.
As I understand it, a further version, to allow direct transfer of KN7000 files on PC hard disc, to SD, is "on the cards". This will, I feel, be a great addition.

------------------
Willum

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/15/03 09:43 PM

Hello

Thank all for Help me to make this Tool.

I will answer some Question:

Yes, i don't have an KN7000 ;(
but i plan to buy it, if i have enough
Money

I have an KN5000 and an KN6000
but its hard here to forsale it because
i have put much money in the KN6000
like Harddisk, SY-EW01NX and and ...

I will work hard to make the Copy to SD
Function...but i must find a good easy way
to make it Error-Free.
In Future comes:

- Copy/Move DISK2SD
- Copy/Move HD2SD
- Copy/Move SD2SD

Step by Step...

From now, please get the Updates
from my Site, i have no more Time
to send the Updates via EMail,
i will make the Copy-Functions ready
for work, so i will spend my Time to
this Functions, sorry for this.

If you have any Idea for the SD-Tool,
please write me in clearly word, German's
please in German

Ok, thats all for Today.. and new Update
V 1.0.61 is online, with some Bugfixes.

Regards
Thomas

Why i write this Software ?
i like to make Software for Technics
Keyboards because i'm a really Technics-Fan,
and spend all my Freetime to this Keyboards
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thkmcs:
...... Why i write this Software ?
i like to make Software for Technics
Keyboards because i'm a really Technics-Fan,
and spend all my Freetime to this Keyboards

Hi Thomas

It's great to see that you're still going strong
doing this excellent work.
Also good to see that Technicsusers helps you out
and find this program as a very usable tool,
just as
the other nice progs you've made.
Good luck and keep on the good spirit!
Best regards,
GJ
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 05:42 AM

Thomas, Thank you for your work on the SD Card Tool. We really appreciate you and your effort.
Our kindest regards,
Walt
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 11:15 AM

this is the software I described here when first detailing all the new 7000 features after first reviewing the keyboard, way before Techmanager7000 was released or even announced.

I said at the time I had no time to wrap up the design in visual basic (I performed all the functions on my SD cards directly in the hex codes) because already committed to various other projects and asked for software programmers.

Later Thomas kindly agreed to apply his skills so I supplied the necessary design information and codes to enable something useful in the way of functions to be produced.

The keysoft Techmanager remains a very good program with rather more functionality at the moment, and I can recommend it, but it does of course cost. Thomas decided he wanted to produce a freeware and you can thank his enthusiasm for that.
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 03:34 PM

Hi Alec, Good to see you back 'On Line'. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say your input to Thomas's program is greatly appreciated.
Hope you are well and have not been burning too much midnight oil.

------------------
Willum

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 04:48 PM

a lot of midnight oil,

on book...

and compact disk...

Posted by: Douglas Dean

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/16/03 05:36 PM

Alec,

When I was a little tike I remember I had a big white teddy bear. I called him Snuffy. Why, I don’t know. This I do know, when I had a very big little kid’s problem me and Snuffy would talk it over when I went to bed. In a bit I would fall asleep with Snuffy at my side, knowing everything would be OK. Now I am older with many, many years behind me. When I see your name I get that same kind of feeling. I have made my choice of keyboard and everything will be OK when I see that name. Too bad owners of other keyboards can not have access to that kind of comfort and expertise. I have a hard time waiting for your new book but on the other hand I can sleep well, knowing soon every thing will be OK and the understanding my new KN will blossom fully. Yes break out in beauty just as the coming spring time will trigger new life in Old Grandpa so will your new book trigger new understanding of my KN and much added enjoyment in it’s use.

Grandpa Doug

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 03:13 AM

thanks, Gramps Doug, not very long to wait now I assure you... and it should certainly open a few eyes and provide a few surprises that haven't been seen or done before... and show that the 7k can also do a few tricks that the competition boasts about...

Posted by: Marilyn Boissoneault

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 06:21 AM

Hi Alec, sure nice to see you back!

I'm sure looking forward to your book on the KN7000. Now you added your comments about the surprises I'm going to have an even harder time waiting.......

Marilyn
Posted by: av909

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 08:41 AM

Hello Alec,
I'm a new kn 7000 owner, and I'm waiting for your book too. I have the "How Do I Do That" book for the kn 6500 and it was easy to follow , I'm sure this one will be too. Thanks, Allene

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 10:56 AM

I know I asked this before, but I'll try again.

1. If you want to save a Technics formated file from a disk to the SD Card, you must first load the song from the disk to the sequencer, then save it as a Technics Format to the SD Card... YES or NO

2. After saving that Technics file from a disk to the SD Card, you can not play it directly through the SD Console using the play button next to the SD slot, because only SD-SOUND (SMF) and SD -AUDIO are capable of this. Technics Formats on the SD Card only load to the Sequencer and play through the Sequencer...YES or NO

3. If you want to save midi files from a disk to the SD Card, you must save as a SD-SOUND (SMF) FORMAT. After saving to the card, you can then play these midi files directly using the SD Console ...YES OR NO

Do I have all the facts right ?....
Only certain type of files play through the SD Console (SD-Sound and SD Audio) and NOT Technics Format files ?

Thanks to this forum, I have learned much more than the rather weak instructional manual supplied by Technics.

I want Alec's Book
I need Alec's Book

Larry Hawk

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 01:05 PM

thanks, Allene, with luck the new book will help as many people all over the world as the old one did.

Larry, these very subjects are explained in the book, maybe a new thread would be a better place to discuss rather than Thomas's thread?

In short:
1 No, because you can copy the whole disk to SD in one pass.
2 Yes, but the SD card has many more Technics play options than before.
3 Yes, but you can load midi as technics, use the far superior range of nx sounds, save as a technics midi and still use the console if you so wish only with nx sound.

p.s. you can get Alec's book soon

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 02:02 PM

Alec
I copied a disk full of midis to the SD Card and they play directly with the SD Console. However the midi files do not show on the K7SDCard Tool on my computer. So can I save midi files to SD as Technic so that they will show on the K7SDCard Tool ?

Anyway, I have more questions, but I'll wait for the book. I assume we will all know when and how to obtain it.

Thanks,
Larry
Posted by: cees

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 02:10 PM

Hi Alec,
good to see you're 'back' again. In your shortened answer to Peter (bullet 1 ) people should be aware that when one uses this kind of copying that the contents of the whole folder will be overwritten or replaced! Am I right .. ?

By the way, Larry, on my homepage I´v made an short overview of the copy and load procedures. Maybe it helps you while you´re waiting at Alec´s book ?
Greetings,
Cees
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:

In short:
1 No, because you can copy the whole disk to SD in one pass.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 02-17-2003).]

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/17/03 03:37 PM

Larry, naturally if you save midis as technics sequencer files they can be manipulated in K7SD, but not played in console unless re-saved out afterwards as smf first. At the moment buying Techmanager7000 will give copy/paste/move/program playlists (99 lists of 99 songs each) of midis.

Cees, yes for technics, no for midis.
Posted by: manorcourt1991

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/21/03 12:16 PM

Hi Thomas,

I see that you now have V1.0.74 of the SD card tool on line incorporating the copy facility. Works well. Great stuff. Thanks.

Len C.

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/21/03 02:13 PM

Vl.0.74 works good for me. Thanks

Fran in Florida

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/22/03 09:54 AM

Does anyone have a print problem with SDCard Vl.0.74 ? The type setting is rather small, especially for some "older folks" . The Earlier version did not have this 'small' problem.

Other than that, I think it is a great program. In fact, I may send in a donation

Thanks, Larry Hawk
Posted by: manorcourt1991

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/22/03 01:34 PM

Hi Larry,

Yes the print has been changed from the initial version (presumably to fit more on a page) and is now quite small. However, you now have the capability to save the details as a text file. You can then open it in your favourite word processor and reformat, change font type and size, add your own personalised comments etc before printing. Thomas has taken all the hard work out of it. For the rest of us this is the easy part.
I see that V 1.0.77 is now available. I haven't yet found any significant differences
from V 1.0.74.
I also feel a donation is appropriate. Perhaps Thomas could provide details of the best way to acheive this.

Cheers
Len C.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/22/03 02:35 PM

Hi,
maybe if all the users of Thomas's program contributed a little something, Thomas could get closer to actually being able to get himself a kn7000.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by manorcourt1991:
Hi Larry,

Yes the print has been changed from the initial version (presumably to fit more on a page) and is now quite small. However, you now have the capability to save the details as a text file. You can then open it in your favourite word processor and reformat, change font type and size, add your own personalised comments etc before printing. Thomas has taken all the hard work out of it. For the rest of us this is the easy part.
I see that V 1.0.77 is now available. I haven't yet found any significant differences
from V 1.0.74.
I also feel a donation is appropriate. Perhaps Thomas could provide details of the best way to acheive this.

Cheers
Len C.

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/22/03 05:34 PM

Has anyone had trouble getting the SD card tool to print out the card contents? I cannot get any of the last 3 versions to print.
Walt

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/23/03 08:17 AM

originally there was a minor bug in the print output format, but that was fixed several versions ago, before we went public with the program.

The text and print work fine for me now - I print into adobe creator making a pdf document directly and the result is perfect, and would be identical if printed to paper.

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/23/03 11:45 AM

No problem with the printer.

Would love to support Thamas's good work, just like I support Alec's.

Fran in Florida

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/24/03 05:05 PM

To print or save the text, you have to click the "Write to memory" button
first.
Larry Hawk

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/25/03 02:04 AM

You only need write to memory if you've made changes, Larry. To print a card just load it up and print or text output. If a better strategy works the write to memory button may disappear from future versions.

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/25/03 03:31 AM

Hello,

the Print-Functions print only
if Folders has a name, because i
don't whant Print Empty Folders/Files.

I hope that i can remove the "Write to Memory"-Button next time.

Any Changes will do if you click this
Button else the changes are loose !.

If i havethe Copy-Function 100% run, than
i will do the next step like move/kill-Functions.

Ihope you give me Time for do that, because
its not so easy

Regards
Thomas

And Please: Make Backups of your Data, you
use the Program to youre own risk !...
The Program is in this Version in Beta.

Thank you.

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/25/03 03:33 PM

Thomas ---
THANK YOU!
Walt
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: 7SDCard Tool - 02/26/03 07:22 PM

I think Rikki has an excellent idea for thanking Thomas for his fine software products. My check is on the way. For those of you who need an address, his address is below:

Thomas König
Missundestr. 9
44145 Dortmund
Deutschland - Germany

I hope most of you will participate.