I AM SURE THIS ISN'T NEW,BUT, I'D LIKE TO PASS ALONG MY SYSTEM OF HANDLING HUNDREDS OF SONGS THAT I HAVE NOT MEMORIZED.

I scanned the lead sheets with a Visionaire 8900 "One Touch"(about $100).It includes the Passport ver 7 software for easy filing and a lightning fast search.It will search anywhere on your computer.I have all my MIDI files by category,and it brings them up ready to play. Where I use a track with my music, I simply drag the track next to the music and click on each one and away I go.

You can go two ways on MIDI tracks. If I want to go quickly and have a track for it, I might play it through the Yamaha XG Softsynth on my laptop fed into the line in on the KN7000. If you prefer,of course, you can load the MIDI into the KB.

The advantage of playing through the Softsynth, is that I can change the key of the song relative to the KB. This way if the MIDI is recorded in E major e.g, and I know the song in Bb, I can make annotations on the Paperport scan to adjust the KB or the Softsynth by however many semitones.

In a perfect world I would know all of my music by heart and have several SD cards full of data at my beck and call. Alas, that day has not yet arrived.

Just a thought for some of you.

Bernie