SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52820 - 01/15/05 07:53 AM Upgrade for KN7000 Song Manager
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
At first I was confused because I could not understand why it was that I could not find the menu with these instructions so I sent Alec Pagida an email asking him if he had any idea. He kindly replied and told me that the KN2600 had a more up to date version of the Song Manager programme that was designed to copy from floppy to sd card because the KN2600 does not have a floppy disk drive unlike the KN7000. I also asked him how I could get this new version and he gave some instructions it is just a simple matter of overwriting a couple of files and told me how to upgrade it and get a new help file which has the copy from floppy described in the help file also he told me how to revert back to the old Song Manager if you want to do it.
Khai-Wei kindly sent me the files and it worked fine just as Alec had explained. If anybody would like to upgrade the Song Manager that came with their KN7000 just leave your e-mail address and I will send it on along with the instructions that Alec supplied me with.
Incidentally Alec said that copying from sd to floppy through song manager like this was a waste of time if you had a card reader, you don't need song manager at all for that. He said you only need song manager to fill a sd card from floppies or pc backup.

#52821 - 01/15/05 10:12 AM Re: Upgrade for KN7000 Song Manager
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi,

When it comes to "copying" songs from floppies to the SDCard, or from hard disk to SD Card, vice versa, or from SD-Card to SD-Card, or from one folder to another on an SD-Card ... the tool with best price performance for this task is the KN-SDExplorer tool.

Note: the tool runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP guaranteed. For older Windows I recommend to download and install the demo version from the site and try it out. For Windows ME it might run, depending on the hardware (USB connections).

You can use any SD Card reader.
http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

Best Regards, Fred
http://www.kn7000.net/Fred_Mellink

#52822 - 01/15/05 11:51 AM Re: Upgrade for KN7000 Song Manager
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Johnnie,
I am interested in the new version, please use my profile for my emailadress.
Thanks in advance for your efforts in this,
best greetings,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
... If anybody would like to upgrade the Song Manager that came with their KN7000 just leave your e-mail address and I will send it on along with the instructions that Alec supplied me with.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online