SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52696 - 10/12/06 06:20 PM INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I had posted this n the General Arranger page, but since I play a kn6000, I should post it here as well:

Some of you may remember that my wife Lydia and I spent 17 glorious days in Italy earlier this year … The second night of our trip we were so fortunate to meet and have dinner with Dreamer (Andrea Rotolo) During dinner, a strolling guitar player/vocalist came by and Andrea asked for a song “Roma, Non Fa La Stupida Sta Sera” (Rome, please don’t be silly tonight) … I immediately fell in love with the song and asked every musician I saw performing in Italy to play it … They ALL knew the song …
When we returned home I e-mailed Andrea and asked where I might be able to get a copy of the music … a day or so later, I get an e-mail response with a copy of the sheet music attached …
The song is about a young man who is going on a date with the woman of his dreams … He wants everything to be perfect and asks Rome not to be stupid that night, and to help in his quest …
Andrea gave me a literal translation, and I took the liberty of writing an English lyric, trying to stick as close as possible to the original story line …
I have been fooling around with the song for some time, learning the Italian lyrics as well, and just about when I thought I was ready to record it I had trouble with ACID … I am now in ‘record mode’ again, and even though I am not pleased enough to call this the final product, (I hear ‘clipping’ in the song, and it may be a little 'pitchy') I thought I would put it out there for you to hear and comment on.
It is an mp3 and it’s 9.6MB.
So, in the spirit of Columbus Day weekend, here it is: http://www.yousendit.com/download/eGvDQXpvYZc%3D

The next link is to a photo of the three of us …. Andrea is the GOOD looking guy : http://www.yousendit.com/download/eGtMtegjYZc%3D

t.

#52697 - 10/13/06 03:44 AM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Tony,

Like to have heard the song and viewed the picture, but they expired.

Fran in SC

#52698 - 10/13/06 04:58 AM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran D:
Tony,
Like to have heard the song and viewed the picture, but they expired.
Fran in SC

Fran ....thnx ... I forgot about the time limit ... I'll try yo repost tonight ...
t.

#52699 - 10/13/06 06:30 PM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
tony mads usa Offline

The first link is the song:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/XRWdEw2moxM%3D

The second is the photo:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/XRWdE5BNbWw%3D

Enjoy (hopefully )

t.

#52700 - 10/14/06 05:02 AM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Tony,

My wife and I are lovers of Italian food and their romantic music. We hope to make the Italy trip one day.
The song is beautiful and we like your rendition. I was so interested in the music I did not notice any flaws.

I would like a copy of the music if possible.

Fran in SC

#52701 - 10/14/06 12:10 PM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
tony mads usa Offline

Fran .... thank you for the kind words ... book the trip NOW !!!
You've got mail ...
t.

#52702 - 10/17/06 01:21 PM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tony,

just got back home; listening to the song right now. Congratulations on a job very well done!
I have to say that I like the english bit more, maybe because I am so accustomed with the italian lyrics or maybe because you put a special emotion into them, being your own words.
When are you coming back to Italy? We must play something together.

#52703 - 10/17/06 06:40 PM Re: INSPIRED BY ITALY ... Long Overdue ...
tony mads usa Offline

Andrea ... Coming from you, that is a REAL compliment ... Mille Grazie !!! ...
Quite possibly 2008 and for a month ... I certainly would look forward to playing together ...
ciao,
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online