SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52667 - 03/13/03 01:26 PM Song Manager
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Phil Leader's excellent new book on getting the most from your KN7000 really does fill in the gaps - first class work...
One thing baffles me though - where does one find this obviously invaluable tool called Song Manager as it doesn't appear to be on the cd with SD Jukebox....have I missed something???
Roger M

#52668 - 03/13/03 01:52 PM Re: Song Manager
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Song Manager (and Audio Recorder) software is supplied on the CD that comes with the KN7000.

Cheers
Len C.

#52669 - 03/13/03 02:27 PM Re: Song Manager
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Roger
You need to contact your supplier and get the FREE Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7 and also includes the SD Juke Box Version 2.4. If he's not sure it's in a blue/black box about 11x8x1 ins.
John

#52670 - 03/13/03 03:24 PM Re: Song Manager
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Point of order Roger -'The Book' was written by Alec Pagida

I think John's having a 'Senior Moment' - he is referring to the Juke box software which you presumable already have.
The CD which contains Song Manager and Audio recorder, should have been packed in with your KN7000, as Len.C says. Have another look in your packing box - hope you haven't binned it

------------------
Willum

PS If you can't find it, I'm sure I can make a copy for you.

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 03-13-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52671 - 03/14/03 02:10 AM Re: Song Manager
RMepstead Offline

Thanks very much Bill and everybody else - and my apologies to Alec Pagida - I should have read the forward more carefully....
Bill I think I'm going to have to prevail upon you to send me a copy of Song Manager down the line to RMepstead@BTinternet.com as while I still have the box and the white foam stuff the only other thing that came out of all the wrapping was 2 floppy disks covering Initial Data and Style Convert plus of course the SD Jukebox seperate kit....
Was I blind or was I short changed - I'll never know but I guess it would be helpful to have what is inside boldly printed on the outside!!!
Best wishes and thanks for all your help.
Roger M

#52672 - 03/14/03 02:55 AM Re: Song Manager
John North Offline

Hi Roger
Sorry about my 'Senior Moment' The supplied CD Rom and install manual, should have been with the KN7000 - I can't think you wouldn't have noticed it It's called Applications & Drivers for SX-KN7000. As it is some 13Mb in size it could be a problem over the net - I would get back to your supplier in an effort to obtain one.
John

#52673 - 03/14/03 04:55 AM Re: Song Manager
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Roger, As John says, it would be best to get back to your dealer and complain about the lack of the disc etc. Either your box had been opened and the 'Bits' removed or they were not packed by Technics - which I doubt. Did you notice if your box was correctly sealed or had it been opened by your retailer?
However, if all else fails, I'll copy the CD for you and send it to you - just email me if you need it. Again as John said, the content is too large to email unless we both had broadband HUH! some hope!!

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#52674 - 03/15/03 06:50 AM Re: Song Manager
RMepstead Offline

Dear Bill and John
Many thanks for your advice and I have now returned to the Dealer who has loaned me a spare appliacations CD.
That now brings me to the next point - these things always become sagas don't they - in that it would appear that in order to download the programmes/applications the CD needs to be connected to the internet which therefore I have done, but whatever site it is that the Install process makes contact with doesn't appear to be there anymore...or am I going up the creek again!!!!
Why do they have to make things so complicated...eh....
Roger M

#52675 - 03/15/03 03:22 PM Re: Song Manager
Bill Norrie Offline

Roger - That's a new one on me !! I'm sure you don't need to go on line to install that software. Did you get the little handbook with the disc? The CD is Blue and White and titled 'Applications & Drivers for SX-KN7000.
The Instructions are included on the CD in PDF format, which you can print out, if you didn't get the booklet. Just follow the instruction and you should 'Get There'
Post back again if youv'e still got problems.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#52676 - 03/15/03 04:44 PM Re: Song Manager
John North Offline

Hi Roger
The CD does not need connection with the internet as Bill says. (it would be interesting to know what sites you tried to access)Having already installed it last year on my desktop, I've just installed it on my lap top without any problem. It might be worth you contacting Chris Whitehead who we all met at Wetherby...
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online