SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52356 - 01/16/04 10:28 AM KN2600. installation steps AFTER driver, as requested
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
Steps 1 - 9 install the driver supplied with the keyboard, the only odd thing is to continue the installation if you are presented with a message about digital signature. Win 98 is finished at step 9.

Below are the next steps required for Win 2000 and XP. I followed these, step by step, with no installation problems on Win XP. Good luck.

These steps are for Win 2000 and XP only

10. Press the Start button, open the Control Panel and open Sound and Audio devices.
* When 'Sounds and Audio Device' does not appear, select 'Sounds, Speach, and Audio Devices' and then open 'Sounds and Audio Device'.

11. Select the hardware tab.

12. If 'Panasonic USB MIDI' does not appear in the device box, perform the following procedure. (If 'Panasonic USB MIDI' appears, the installation is finished, so the following procedure does not need to be performed.)

13. Two 'USB Audio Device' will appear, so select the one on the BOTTOM and press the 'Update Driver' button.

14. Select the 'Driver' tab and press the 'Update Driver' button.

15. Select *Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).

16. Confirm that the indication has changed to *Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then press Next.

17. Select *'don't search. I will choose the driver to install'.

18. Confirm that the indication has changed to *'don't search. I will choose the driver to install' and press next.

19. Select 'Panasonic USB MIDI' from the 'model' list. (If multiple Panasonic USB MIDI are displayed select the one with the most recent date.

20. Press next.

21. When the installation completed message appears press the 'Finish' button.

22. Close the 'Panasonic USB MIDI' properties window.

23. When restarting is required, restart the computer. This completes the installation.

#52357 - 01/16/04 01:34 PM Re: KN2600. installation steps AFTER driver, as requested
Clydesider Offline

Loc: Scotland
Problem solved at last, thanks for this, worked a treat.
Quote:
Originally posted by aprilla:
Steps 1 - 9 install the driver supplied with the keyboard, the only odd thing is to continue the installation if you are presented with a message about digital signature. Win 98 is finished at step 9.

Below are the next steps required for Win 2000 and XP. I followed these, step by step, with no installation problems on Win XP. Good luck.

These steps are for Win 2000 and XP only

10. Press the Start button, open the Control Panel and open Sound and Audio devices.
* When 'Sounds and Audio Device' does not appear, select 'Sounds, Speach, and Audio Devices' and then open 'Sounds and Audio Device'.

11. Select the hardware tab.

12. If 'Panasonic USB MIDI' does not appear in the device box, perform the following procedure. (If 'Panasonic USB MIDI' appears, the installation is finished, so the following procedure does not need to be performed.)

13. Two 'USB Audio Device' will appear, so select the one on the BOTTOM and press the 'Update Driver' button.

14. Select the 'Driver' tab and press the 'Update Driver' button.

15. Select *Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).

16. Confirm that the indication has changed to *Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then press Next.

17. Select *'don't search. I will choose the driver to install'.

18. Confirm that the indication has changed to *'don't search. I will choose the driver to install' and press next.

19. Select 'Panasonic USB MIDI' from the 'model' list. (If multiple Panasonic USB MIDI are displayed select the one with the most recent date.

20. Press next.

21. When the installation completed message appears press the 'Finish' button.

22. Close the 'Panasonic USB MIDI' properties window.

23. When restarting is required, restart the computer. This completes the installation.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online