SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52349 - 06/24/05 04:50 PM Kn Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all.
After using headphones to monitor the sound from KN2000- KN2400- KN2600 - KN5000- KN7000. Bypassing the KN’s amp.
I find little difference in the quality of sound. Are we lulled into thinking the voices are better, or is it the amplification on the different instruments being better than previous models.
I think the KN2000 is great, just a little shy on Styles, but what a great instrument!!
Replies appreciated. (PS I wish I had not parted with my KN2000) I miss it!
Kind regards
Joe.

[This message has been edited by Phil Lynch (edited 06-27-2005).]

#52350 - 06/25/05 01:54 AM Re: Kn Instruments
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I feel the same about my KN920, Joe...
I'm equally sure the quality of sound was better on the KN920 than on the KN7000. But you can't beat that SD Card operation...
Rog

#52351 - 06/25/05 04:52 AM Re: Kn Instruments
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
It is possible that Technics had got as far as they could go with PC method of sampling. Although they had a good following with customer sales, a major and expensive revoicing method was needed taking into account the advances of the other competing keyboard manufacturers.
It's a sorry sight when a company drops out of the keyboard market because it keeps the other makes more on their toes to improve the products.

#52352 - 06/25/05 05:42 AM Re: Kn Instruments
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
How good are the headphones you are using???? Stereo headphones rarely now have cross-bleed, when using headphones one ear does not hear both channels as in "normal" listening, stereo is greatly enhanced. There is no ambiance, no extraneous noises, a different world. Walter

#52353 - 06/25/05 01:12 PM Re: Kn Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
[B]How good are the headphones you are using?
Hi Walter.
I see from your profile you are into Hi- Fi.
I am using dynamic Sterio Headphones.They were not cheap. I also have Philips FM cordless Sterio Headphones model SBC HC8355.
I have used both sets when listening to the various KNs, so in theory, all the sounds are heard as they are played, so the instruments are on equal footing in being listend to, each KN producing a sound and heard through the same headphones.
Whilst listening to the KNs through their own amplification the sounds are better as the amplifier and speakers get better.
Much the same as the point you make. regarding, "what kind of headphones are you using"? The better the headphones you say, the better the quality of sound, I agree with you fully.But that is the point I am making,is it, amplification/speakers that make the voices sound better on the KNs. I am always looking for better Walter, so if you can give me information on a good set of headphones. not too expensive! I will be pleased.
I have not been on site for a while due to
circumstances,butI am always thinking of the many friends I am lucky to have made on site.
Kind regards.
Joe.

#52354 - 06/25/05 03:33 PM Re: Kn Instruments
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Joe, good points, the quality of sound is very largely down to speakers, and the 7000 is great considering they are built in and therefore restrict design, and, size. Strangely the 7000, and others, do not have extension speaker facilities. No doubt a good reason for this.
I play (?) a Tyros, I did not buy the “matching” speakers, too expensive and quality????
I am a bit deaf, courtesy of RAF, the 50’s. I don’t hear much above 10K Hertz, we all diminish with age, the hearing peak being about, 18/25, then it’s downhill!!
I use my Hi Fi system, 20 years ago it cost more than the Tyros!!, showing it’s age now, but I prefer it to the Ty. speakers. The best I have heard was a Bose system many years ago, I asked the player what it cost, £1500. When I use headphones, I hear sounds I don’t via speakers. The best headphones are the ones you like, difficult to get a demo, it’s all sealed packs now, shop wise I used to have a headphone bar, about 10/12 pairs to listen and choose from.
I do hear differences when I adjust the equalizer, some, very large differences. A lot of people don’t seem to experiment with this feature.
I still have a pair of Philip's Motional Feedback speakers, again must be 25/30 years old. The amps are built in, very crisp and remarkable bass considering their size, a good 30 watts (proper, RMS) per channel. Rambled a bit, and not a lot of help. Cheers. Walter.

#52355 - 06/25/05 06:22 PM Re: Kn Instruments
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The Kn2000 was one fantastic keyboard, I?ve owned three of them. My friend who bought a Kn1000 two months before, sold his keyboard and bought a KN2000 after hearing mine.

Kn2000 has had it?s day in many areas ? some of the sounds and rhythms still sound good. I do have a problem with the sound comparison between the KN 7 and KN 2. Only in my opinion?there is no comparison. Listen to the trumpet, the saxes, the brass instruments, whatever they have done, to my ear they surely do not sound the same.

I used my sound system and my Bose earphones to make the comparison.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online