SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52275 - 03/05/04 01:09 PM kn2400/ foot switch function
jammer Offline

Loc: Saskatoon, Canada
I am unable to get the footswitch to remain at the "start/stop setting.
I set up the keyboard to "start/stop" in the "foot controllers window" and set the foot switch to "on" in the "expand mode filter". and then "save" to a floppy disk. I have also "set" the settings to a memory bank.
The setting remains for as long as I play.i.e. a few hours.(built in delay?) When left overnight, all settings return to their "default setting" which are "sustain" and "off". Can anyone tell me how get the settings to remain on my disk?

#52276 - 03/05/04 04:24 PM Re: kn2400/ foot switch function
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Jammer, there are 2 things to take notice of in obtaining the result you want.
1. You can set what data is to be saved
2. You can set what data is to be loaded
Sub 1: Press Program Menus > Control > Panel Memory Mode. On page 1/2 choose Expand. Then on page 2/2 set Foot Cont. Setting to ON. Now the setting of the foot controller will be included in your Panel Memory.
Sub 2: Press Customize > Data Protection. Here you can set which data is to be ignored when loading new settings, either by Panel Memory or from Disk/SD. So if you set the Foot Controllers Setting to ON, the corresponding data for this part will be ignored. Good thing if you want to maintain the same settings no matter what you load. If you want to change foot controllers setting with the saved settings in Panel Memory or on Disk/SD, set it to OFF.
(Same goes for Panel Memory Exp Filter on this page which may interfere with needed settings saved on disk.)

#52277 - 03/06/04 04:52 AM Re: kn2400/ foot switch function
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Another thing to remember is that if you should execute an 'Initialise / Performance' operation, this will reset the Footswitches back to their default condition, even if the 'Data Protection' is set to 'ON' for this function. You will then have to go through the process of setting up your Footswitches again, which can be a 'bit of a pain' especially if you use FS1, FS2 and the 4 way footswitch unit. The way I get around this, is to store the settings in 'Custom Panel' and then immediately after Initialising, I just press 'Custom Panel' and Voila!! they return to my chosen setup.
This refers to a KN7000 - not sure if it applies to the KN2400

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52278 - 03/07/04 12:37 PM Re: kn2400/ foot switch function
jammer Offline

Loc: Saskatoon, Canada
Thanks "AD ROUW" and "Bill Norrie" for the advice. I had no idea about the foot controllers setting in the data protction window.I found the terminology quite puzzeling. Set it to "on" and the data will be ignored. So I set it to "off" and voila! my start/stop settings remained in the memory banks. When I load my "playout" disk I have 24 preset rhythms and sounds that I use with our "OLD FARTS" band(16 members) and I want to be at start/stop in all cases.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the kn2400 that I have just purchased and I don't mind the "wait" time of the disk drive. The sounds are vastly improved over my previous kn1400 especially the "human" voices.Ther is also much more output and I have had to lower the sound level of all my solo voices when I play with the band.
There is an overwhelming number of rock,soul, dancepop,danceclub rhythms that are just so much noise for my generation.I can use a total of 41 rhythms out of the 170 but thanks to "Technics 7000 and especially "JONNY GUNNARD'S" web site good foxtrots,waltz's, polka's,latin and stride rhythms are only a download away.
I give the kn2400 two thumbs up!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online