SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52271 - 04/12/03 08:46 AM Heavy travel
zuki Offline

When I say heavy travel, I mean the necessities I lug around from hotel to hotel. It used to be a suitcase. Now it's the suitcase, garment bag, laptop, printer, large case for books, my personal latte maker, cell and charger. To make matters worse, soon I will have the 7000 and books. Now I think I'll take the TV/VHS combination because I just purchased Alec's video.
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#52272 - 04/12/03 08:56 AM Re: Heavy travel
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Just be glad it's not the 'good ol days' of lugging a Hammond up 2 flights of stairs for a 2 night gig

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#52273 - 04/12/03 02:19 PM Re: Heavy travel
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ZUKE,
I see your occupation is:
Outside Sales - Piano Division
I would guess your territory may be 1 or 2 states and you get home often.
When I was in Business in Seattle, I traveled several countries for many years living out of 2 suitcases and a very large briefcase. I carried a small portable typewrite. There were no cell phones, computers, keyboards or anything to ungloom life on the road. Yes there were a few distractions here and there.
I did not keep a home at all as I was single and never got back to Seattle more then once a year, if that, for a few days to work on whatever problems could not be resolved from the field.
The only real advantage that I recall was that the airlines lost my luggage often enough that I always had new suits and clothes
I had to do my practicing on bar room pianos those days and usually could sit in with most any band playing by just asking after telling them how I lived on the road.
I am thinking that you have it a lot better now days then I had in the late 50's and 60's.
Best to you
Bebop

#52274 - 04/12/03 11:47 PM Re: Heavy travel
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
.... The only real advantage that I recall was that the airlines lost my luggage often enough that I always had new suits and clothes ...
Best to you
Bebop

So, Bill, if you fly enough within your beautifull country and started with an KN800 in your luggage, finally you could be happy to end with a KN7000, on charge of the airlinescompagnies
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online