SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52189 - 06/27/06 08:30 AM midi uploading for 2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I own a kn-2600 and was wondering how to upload midi's from my computer (windows XP) to sd card in keyboard. I have installed technics cs as well as panasonic one on compuetr. When I opened song manager 2600 I've placed desired midi's on the right side (SMF) and tried to upload it to keyboard via usb cable, an error comes up on the computer, seems that the two, computer and keyboard are not communicating. All the drivers have been installed, what am I doing wrong ? Thanks.

#52190 - 06/27/06 11:48 AM Re: midi uploading for 2600
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It has been a long time since I did it that way, but, as I recall, People were getting error messages and it turned out that you have to have the board on Home screen, or the screen that it first opens with.

#52191 - 06/27/06 03:47 PM Re: midi uploading for 2600
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi and welcome to the Forum

This is quite a common problem and is usually due to a faulty installation of the USB Driver. It is very important that the driver installation procedure is followed exactly, if successful USB communication between keyboard and PC is to be achieved.

You can download the procedure for Windows XP from my website : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html - It's Tip number 1
I suggest that you remove your previous installation first.

If you are using an External USB Hub, this can sometimes cause communication problems. If this is the case, try connecting the keyboard directly to the PC.
Other thoughts : Try a different USB Port : Try a different USB cable or check that the cable is OK, by using it to connect another peripheral to the PC - printer, scanner etc.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online