SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#52143 - 01/26/04 07:08 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
P.S.

I would like to cite the $43 million severance package our Vice President, Dick Cheney, received from Halliburton as an outstanding example of the obscene.

Chuck

#52144 - 01/26/04 07:35 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
technicsplayer Offline

getting further off topic: Halliburton sold many millions $ of equipment to Iraq while Cheney was chairman and ceo, without their government contracts they could well go bust when all the asbestos claims against finally come up. On topic: don't forget to try the Sound Arranger on your preset styles

#52145 - 01/26/04 07:42 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Offtopic:
Why can't you guys speak Norwegian so I can
understand what you're talking about?
Now I have to find my wordbook again...

Very ontopic: $43 miilion is just the amount
that it's room enough to handle in my empty
bankaccount
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#52146 - 01/26/04 08:21 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Alec and Gunnar,

I always enjoy your inputs because they are right on target and always interesting.

Alec, you hit the nail on the head regarding Halliburton's support of Saddam Hussein. Let me hasten to add that I have been, and still am, angry at my government for supporting Somoza in Nicaragua, Saddam Hussein in Iraq, Marcos in the Phillipines, the Taliban, and other such dictatorships. There are no ethics or morals in U.S. foreign policy - just selfish interests. And I say that as a citizen who served honorably and loyally in the armed forces of the U.S. I saw firsthand, the support for Saddam Hussein by the United States and Saudi Arabia, while working in the Kingdom in the 1980's. I know whereof I speak!

Gunnar, do you think you could share a little of the $43 million with me? My bank account is almost empty, too.

And finally. Alec, thanks for the reminder to use the Sound Arranger. I experimented with it a long time ago and haven't touched it since then. I need to take another hard look at it. I've just been concentrating my time on lessons and learning to play. Need to explore the technology more.

You two take care.

Chuck

#52147 - 01/26/04 08:52 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Offtopic:
Why can't you guys speak Norwegian so I can
understand what you're talking about?
Now I have to find my wordbook again...

ceo = chief executive officer = main man who should take responsibility for a company's actions.

Cheney = Vice President = politician (alt. liar) who stated categorically during the Presidential campaign that Haliburton did not do business with Iraq - only with eg Libya (which at the time still sponsored terrorism).

KN7000 = good keyboard.

#52148 - 01/26/04 09:49 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Chuck Piper Offline

As I said, Alec, you're right on target. And with your kind assistance, Gunnar won't need his word book anymore! Ha Ha

Just kidding, Gunnar. I think you do marvelously well with the English language. At one time I could speak the Dutch langauge reasonably well but I left the country 38 years ago and have lost 99% of my vocabulary and fluency. Sad but true.

Chuck

#52149 - 01/26/04 10:18 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker

Thank's a lot for the english lesson Alec,
it sure help a lot when it looks like my
wordbook are out of date.
But there was one word I wondered a lot about:
KN7000 ???? Never heard about it, did'nt
find it in the wordbook....

WOW, did you really speak Dutch Chuck?
You sure have to make a lot of strange sounds
speaking that language, even worse than the
Norwegian language if you ask me....
I'm sure if you take a trip to Holland you'll
speak as a native Dutchman in no time
GJ

#52150 - 01/26/04 10:54 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
WOW, did you really speak Dutch Chuck?
GJ

Indeed Gunnar, I know for sure that Chuck appreciates a really big 'uitsmijter', and Chuck knows what that is
Cees

#52151 - 01/26/04 11:05 AM Re: Panasonic Shocker
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Whatever topic you would like to call it.
Chuck I also served my country the country you now live.Just as you served your own and so have millions before me.Why do these people do these things. Because they are told to do so NO, it goes very much deeper than that. Why do they put their life on the line simple, it is patriotism, it is pride, it is a love of their country, it is a passionate fire inside for freedom and a belief that to have freedom is every persons right.
What are people supposed to feel like when they have endured such dangers and deprivation when they see miserly corporations shift vast manufacturing processes to countries abroad such as china, spend millions to set it all up and pay employees peanuts just so they are able to escape paying a living wage at home. What's next on the menu, I will tell you.These so called conglomerate giants after paying miserly wages for their products abroad and getting the same products as cheap as chips have the front to ship them back here and sell them at exorbitant rip off prices
It is now also happening in the service industries like British Telecom have moved their call centres to India so that every time you have a query the phone is answered by an Indian whom you have a job to understand let alone tell them what the problem might be,the same is also happening to some of our banks Barclays,HSBC, Insurance Companies and others.
Just have a look round and see the many 000's that have been put on the heap because of these actions.
I do not come from Wales but you can take it from me that all the Welsh,Scottish, Northern Irish, and English, have sweated blood
It is not practicable to boycott all these products but it is well to remember the clock always comes back around to where it started.

#52152 - 01/26/04 12:36 PM Re: Panasonic Shocker

Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
....a really big 'uitsmijter', and Chuck knows what that is
Cees

That's not one of the 3 words I once learned in your
language Cees, but I don't think I'm going to try it out here..
GJ

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online