SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51810 - 08/06/05 12:36 AM Too Young To Go Steady
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - this is a Nat King Cole/Perry Como song? I would love the dots for this if anyone has them.

Have 3 Nat King Cole books - this is not in any of them!!! Joan

#51811 - 08/06/05 06:37 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Joan
Had a search on the web and found this book that contains the song you mention.
Hope this helps.

Bill
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/078292/details.html

#51812 - 08/06/05 07:05 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
Joan Offline

Hi there Bill - Thank you for your reply to my request for this music.

In point of fact I have purchased this book from Musicmatch and received it three days ago.

BUT

whilst this song is listed in the index as being on page 36, and sure enough on page 36 the title reads

TOO YOUNG TO GO STEADY, Words by Harold Adamson and Music by Jimmy McHugh.

The ACTUAL words and music that are printed under this title is another of Nat King Cole's hit songs TOO YOUNG!!! I already have two versions of Too Young.

I have written to both Musicmatch and IMP publishers pointing out this error and I would find it hard to believe that I have been the only to notice this error and point it out to them.

It will be interesting to see whether I get any response from either of them on this - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 08-06-2005).]

#51813 - 08/06/05 07:18 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I have it listed in an index as being in Volume 52 of Jamey Aebersold's Play Alongs with the title, Collector's Items. But, I do not have that book . . .

#51814 - 08/06/05 08:54 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Joan
I believe this is the book that Bob mentioned, however no details of the titles are given, so I would give the site an email to see if the song is included, before thinking of purchase.
Hope this helps.

Bill
http://www.jazzutopia.com/Merchant2/merc...Code=playalongs

#51815 - 08/06/05 11:23 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
Joan Offline

Well it seems that IMP International Music Publications has been "Taken over"

Faber Music announced today that it has completed the acquisition of International Music Publications (IMP), the European printed music business of Warner Bros. Publications, from Alfred Publishing. Alfred Publishing completed its own purchase of Warner Brothers Publications (WBP) from the Warner Music Group on 1st June 2005.

Bill - thank you for your guide to the site for the music book Bob referred to.

On looking at this site I see it is not a UK one.

I have ordered from the USA in the past, when there has been a particular book with several numbers in it that I particularly wanted. Unfortunately the shipping costs can amount to more than the actual cost of the book. Joan

#51816 - 08/08/05 02:14 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
Joan Offline

Just to bring you up to date on my request for Too Young To Go Steady - John North has come up trumps again and has sent me the dots. Thanks John - what a talent you have. Joan

#51817 - 08/10/05 05:52 AM Re: Too Young To Go Steady
Joan Offline

TOO YOUNG TO GO STEADY, Words by Harold Adamson and Music by Jimmy McHugh.

The ACTUAL words and music that are printed under this title is another of Nat King Cole's hit songs TOO YOUNG!!! I already have two versions of Too Young.

I have written to both Musicmatch and IMP publishers pointing out this error and I would find it hard to believe that I have been the only to notice this error and point it out to them.

It will be interesting to see whether I get any response from either of them on this - Joan

Wednesday 10th August - Today I had from IMP an authorised copy of the original sheet music of Too Young To Go Steady. It states: Recorded on HMV by ANDEE SILVER - alls well that ends well! Joan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online