SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51766 - 02/10/06 02:03 AM Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best SZoners,
when I was with a demo of the Tyros2 sometimes ago, one presented the Super Articulation Voices. Without doubt, great sounds. Vroncken specially demonstrated the guitarsound. One could hear the sliding of the fingers across the (metal) strings (I name it a 'fret-sound') on the guitar. He could set this 'fret-sound' by using a footpedal to set it on/off.. Something in me said, would the KN7 have that. I didn't hear that in the preset-sound on the KN7. So I examined the (very complex) sound-editing features of the KN7000. And tmo. it can be done!!! It's not perfect yet, but I thought I wouldn't withdraw this info to you.
I demonstrate it in my new song 'Nostalgia'.
In that song I have included 3 examples (named as NostalgiaGuitar0,1,2).
If you analyse those guitarsounds you wil see that I basicly use 2 sounds:
1. A guitar with metal strings (Folk Guitar in Group C) as TONE1
2. A guitar fret-noise2 (group M) as TONE2

On page1 I set the 'Trigger' on 'LEGATO' and I increased the A.Gtr.FretNs2 in page3 (Velocity) to lower values.
Quite technical, but tmo worth to experiment with?

NostalGuitar1: trigger set to 'LEGATO'. This means that you hear the 'fret-sound' only when you play the note 'legato'.
NostalGuitar2: this is set with a the trigger on 'PEDAL'. This means that the 'fret-sound' can only be heard when you use a footpedal.
NostalGuitar3: the trigger is set on 'NON-LEGATO'. Hear the difference. If you hold one finger constantly on a tone, and play with the other fingers you hear no 'fret-sound', till you play 'non legato'.

Furtheron I have slightly changed the original Rhythm (Modern Beguine) on 2 aspects. TMO also a 'nice world of difference'

I hope it inspires a few 'sound-freaks' among you to experiment with those possibilities? Maybe no 'Super Articultion Voices', but I am satisfied with 'Great Articulation Voices'
Hope you like it and have fun,
enjoy
Cees
For downloading, please visit http://www.keso.nl (please Click on 'Strictly Guitar' on the startpage of KESO)

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 02-10-2006).]

#51767 - 02/10/06 06:59 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cees .. I am not at home right now, so I cannot check, but is there any chance this can be done on a kn6000? .. Does it have to be 'triggered' via a foot pedal? ...
I've heard the Ty2 guitar voice that you mentioned .. it is quite realistic ...
t.
PS ... NO I'm not buying a Ty2 .. not as long as the kn6 is still making great sounds ...
t.

#51768 - 02/10/06 07:40 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
cees Offline

Hi Tony,
yes, you can. So far I can remember has the KN7 and KN6 the same sound-edit functions.
So you can try it out on your KN6 also.
As you will see, it has not to be done with a footpedal. It is just one of the choices there are. You can easily use the other 'trigger'-modes
Good luck,
Cees

#51769 - 02/10/06 08:58 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cees .. thank you ... perhaps I will give it a try this weekend ...
t.

#51770 - 02/10/06 10:02 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
sturgeon Offline

Way to go Cees!

It works very well on my KN2600.

There is massive potential for new high quality sounds in the KN series. With the extensive sample pool, great editing functions and superb fx, what more could we want?

Thanks to SD audio I can also use my daughter on lead vocals, when she is working somewhere else!

Try that (human articulation?) on a Tyros 2.

There are some very nice guitar sounds coming from the tracks on your site Cees.

Cheers,

s.

#51771 - 02/10/06 12:11 PM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
technicsplayer Offline

Technics have used multi samples for a long time, and longer than most other historically comparable products. One of the acoustic guitar demos with my 7000 book from a couple of years ago was very similar to a tyros mega voice with multisamples triggered by velocity and included realistic guitar fret noise, pick slides and body taps etc. This was preset in the 2600 styles and I made special versions of these styles for the 7k on the old technicskn7000.com site. Instead of a velocity or key on or off trigger you have the option of a pedal but the principle is the same. The G70 has the option of mapping for example the effect sounds to the top octave but this needs a little more skill in playing.

#51772 - 02/11/06 12:48 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
cees Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
Technics have used multi samples for a long time, and longer than most other historically comparable products. One of the acoustic guitar demos with my 7000 book from a couple of years ago was very similar to a tyros mega voice with multisamples triggered by velocity and included realistic guitar fret noise, pick slides and body taps etc. This was preset in the 2600 styles and I made special versions of these styles for the 7k on the old technicskn7000.com site. Instead of a velocity or key on or off trigger you have the option of a pedal but the principle is the same. The G70 has the option of mapping for example the effect sounds to the top octave but this needs a little more skill in playing.

Hi Alec,
thanks for your reaction. Ofcourse I have all that stuff from the old UK-site, but I haven't discovered a 'soloist'-sound like above. It were all styles (for which I am grateful) Or did I overlooked it? As I haven't your book too, were there soloists-sounds on your CD/diskette as I meant/had made as in the above post?
Greetings
Cees

#51773 - 02/11/06 04:57 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
technicsplayer Offline

An excellent example of realistic acoustic guitar play style was the "Micheal Row The Boat Ashore" demo from the 7k book which had a folk music type of accompaniment where the sound edit used in the composer had guitar, pick, pick mute, fret noise and body hit sounds all layered in the one edit, triggered via the composer. By adjusting the velocity levels you could (just) with a bit of practise play this in the same way you could just about play a tyros mega voice (but similarly not that well!). In the same way you might substitute a pedal trigger for one or more of the velocity layers. Another example might be the "Unplugged" preset style (Tears in Heaven) on the KN2600 or "US Folk Rock" (American Pie) which I specially transferred for KN7000 play in the old technics7000.com downloads.

#51774 - 02/11/06 10:08 AM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
sturgeon Offline

Is your book still available in the Uk Alec?

Cheers,

s.

#51775 - 02/11/06 08:27 PM Re: Super Articulation Voices on the KN7000?
cees Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
An excellent example of realistic acoustic guitar play style was the "Micheal Row The Boat Ashore" demo from the 7k book which had a folk music type of accompaniment where the sound edit used in the composer had guitar, pick, pick mute, fret noise and body hit sounds all layered in the one edit, triggered via the composer. By adjusting the velocity levels you could (just) with a bit of practise play this in the same way you could just about play a tyros mega voice (but similarly not that well!). In the same way you might substitute a pedal trigger for one or more of the velocity layers. Another example might be the "Unplugged" preset style (Tears in Heaven) on the KN2600 or "US Folk Rock" (American Pie) which I specially transferred for KN7000 play in the old technics7000.com downloads.

Alec, especially the intro2 of the 'Unplugged' style shows it well. To make it as a soloist sound, I can't isolate that sound for instance via composer/sound-editing, am I right?? Is there a possibility to do that? Or do you perhaps have a 'soundsetting-description' or the sound as a soloist-example to analyse it for a further learning curve? TIA
Cees

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online