SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5157 - 12/10/03 07:38 PM Cakewalk and Sonar
to the genesys Offline

Hi Everyone
I have Cakewalk 9 and I am thinking about upgrading or switching over to Sonar 3.
Is Sonar an upgrade to Cakewalk or is it a different beast in its self. Are the 2 programs very different?
I want to do multi track recording, recording the different tracks from my keyboard’s sequencer to separate tracks on Cakewalk or Sonar. Also, does Sonar have sounds other than midi sounds that I can use to record with. Similar to Reason.
Thanks

#5158 - 12/13/03 06:50 AM Re: Cakewalk and Sonar
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
If you have Cakewalk9 you can add audio tracks to your midi tracks and create a new and different file (I forget the extension name). I have Sonar too, but haven't really used it. I think Sonar is more audio-centered, where Cakewalk is more midi-centered. From what I've seen of Reason it would be more like a Sonar program. To get back to your original question, I think you can do what you plan on either program, whichever you are most comfortable using. Again, Sonar seems to support audio better - the screen interface definitely does. Hope this helps.

#5159 - 12/13/03 08:31 AM Re: Cakewalk and Sonar
to the genesys Offline

Thanks! Sonar sounds more interesting to me because I am wanting to do more audio recording.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online