SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#654 - 12/08/03 08:00 AM Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
bjrisenh Offline

Loc: Overland Park, KS, USA
I realize that this may not be the correct forum to post this question, but I have seen several postings that indicate that the knowledge exists within this forum to answer my question. I am just in hopes that someone is willing to help.

My 7 year old daughter is learning to play the piano. Neither her mother nor I know anything about music. Her teacher has asked her to begin using the metronome to help her begin to make her notes sound like music. I have searched through the manual and was not able to find any instruction as to how to make the metronome click while she plays the piano.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to start hearing music from this keyboard.

Bill

#655 - 12/08/03 09:53 AM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
tekminus Offline

First things first. Does it even have a metronome? At the back of all good technical manuals is an index of words. Look under 'M'.

If it doesn't have a metronome, throw it away and buy a better keyboard which does. We live in a disposable world.

Wait a minute.. you sure the teacher thingy didn't mean your daughter should use a metronome, not the metronome. There are stand-alone metronomes you know.

-tek

#656 - 12/08/03 10:45 AM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
bjrisenh Offline

Tek;

I downloaded the electronic version of the User's Manual so I could search on the word metronome. The manual has two references to metronome in it. The first reference is on page 14, and simply says "You can turn on the metronome to provide a reference beat for your keyboard play". However, it never explains how to do this. The other reference was in the Appendix where it described the metronome sound that could be duplicated on one of the drum synth's.

As to your question about the instructor requesting my daughter 'a' metronome rather than the metronome on the keyboard; you are absolutely correct. We take my daughter to the teacher's house where she learns on a beautiful Baby Grand Piano. The instructor knows we use an electric keyboard but did not expect it to have a metronome function.

As I stated above, the manual says this function exists. However, I am not smart enough to make it work. I don't want to go out and spend more money on an external metronome if the keyboard has one built in.

Anyone, with experience in using the metronome function on the WK-3000 or WK-3500?

#657 - 12/11/03 01:09 PM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hi,
Post this question under the arranger forum. There are SOOOO many users there who use these types of keybaords.. I believe several own the 3000 and 3500.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#658 - 12/11/03 09:19 PM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
George Kaye addressed your queary !

#659 - 12/12/03 11:11 AM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
bjrisenh Offline

Squeak, thanks for the lead on the appropriate forum. Have had some luck on other boards, but will try the Arranger Forum if I don't make the progress I expect.

Uncle Dave, not sure what you are trying to say... I have been in email contact with George Kaye (because of an earlier posting on this forum), but he was not able to make the metronome work during normal keyboard play either.

#660 - 12/12/03 02:00 PM Re: Casio WK-3000 and the metronome
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm sorry - I read his post pretty quick and I thought he resolved the problem. I knew he had addressed it. Ooops!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online