SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51492 - 12/25/02 09:27 PM Sequencer failure on playback
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I ran into a peculiar situation while attempting to burn a cd with songs I had sequenced on a kn6000. I was using a kn6500 to playback the songs and was connected to a Harmon Kardon commercial burner when one song jumped from the sequenced track in memory A to a custom position and the instrument changed from an alto sax to a banjo. When recording I had used expand mode to store all the changes involved and thought that might somehow be causing the problem. I tried loading the sequencer alone on another kn6500 and it kept to the designated sequenced track, but the instrument still changed to a banjo. I wanted to try it out on a kn7000, but it was being used as a demo at the time, so I was resigned to doing the song all over again at home. When I got home and loaded the song into my kn6000, everything played just as it was supposed to do and left me scratching my head. The rhythm style I used for the song was an onboard style downloaded from a Technics PR603,the Country Ballad, and although it plays fine on a kn6000, there must be something in the control track that is causing the sequencer to relocate the first time a variation change is made. While this is a minor annoyance, getting recording time isn't that easy and I don't want to reschedule a two hour session if I can avoid the problem in the first place. Using another style isn't a problem and I ended up recording the song with a different style that was actually a better one. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, or if maybe Alec can figure out what is going on in the keyboard's brain and how I might get around this glitch. Any thoughts anyone?

#51493 - 12/30/02 04:10 PM Re: Sequencer failure on playback
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Well, since no one has replied or commented on this problem, I must be the only one it's happened to. I still think it must be caused by the difference between the two (kn6000 & pr603) units. Nothing else makes sense.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online