SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51411 - 12/14/05 06:14 AM Pads for Americana series
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I recently purchased a 32mg card with the Americana series in it, via ebay. This came with many styles - and some (solo's) in Panel Memory 7 of each style (duplicated in Mem B)
I have 3 questions.

1) How do I get the solo's out of Mem B and into a No 5 performance pad.

2) I have heard mention of the Americana Series WITH Performance Pads. Are these pads solo's (probably a duplicate of what I have already) or performance enhancing small pads? (which I do not have).

3) If the pads are add on ones to the software I have purchased where can I get them?

Thanks
Carol

#51412 - 12/14/05 10:28 AM Re: Pads for Americana series
technicsplayer Offline

If I recall correctly from when I made this SD card there should be 6 folders with 4 variations and 4 solos, 2 folders with 5 variations and 2 solos, 1 folder with 4 variations and 1 solo, and the other 25 folders with 5 variations and 1 solo.

Although the result of the solo is very similar to a pad solo, theses solos have been programmed in the composer variation; what this means is that the chord information is no longer available as a track to copy, just the notes. It is very easy to extract the melody line by recording the solo into the sequencer, performing an apc to smf convert, then using seq to pad copy to put the chosen track into a pad.

The solo pad 5 (major sequence) requires a chord progression to work properly. Any book on harmony should have examples of 12 bar blues which will gives clues as to many common progressions, but a rudimentary knowledge of relative minors, dominant sevenths and the circle of fifths can recreate most of them pretty easily, the blue book also has the progressions of the preset solo pads which could also give some clues. The long way round would be to record the composer solo, apc to smf convert and look at the tracks in key graphical note edit screen where the notes making up the chords should become apparent. These chords could then be entered in a step record chord track, copied to pad 5, or just entered into pad 5, and the pad would drive any accompaniment pattern with that chord progression.

6 folders of styles had new performance pads and I also put these 270 pads in folders 36 and 37 of the SD card indexed for convenience and they should still be there if no-one has messed with the card

#51413 - 12/14/05 12:14 PM Re: Pads for Americana series
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Thank you for your detailed reply. My folders finish at 28 so I guess I don't have the full set. I was half way to the answer you gave me but I don't think I would have found out how to do it without your help, and I never even thought of the blue book chord progressions. Thank you for letting me pick your brains.
Cheers Carol

#51414 - 12/15/05 04:21 AM Re: Pads for Americana series
technicsplayer Offline

you're very welcome.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online