SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51371 - 09/03/03 07:52 PM Performance Pads
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I just receieved in the mail the performance pads 3 from Technote. I sat down right away and loaded the disk and gave a listen to the different pads. My question is, some of the pads are real short, hardly nothing there to use in a song while playing. They sound good, but how do make good use of them. Do you change them so they loop and play over and over during the song, or do you add to them? Please tell me how you use them?

#51372 - 09/04/03 03:47 PM Re: Performance Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I don't have pads 3, but I do have the other 2 disks, so unfortunately I can't really comment on yours, but, do they sound like they are supposed to loop?, ie like a piano arpeggio or something that could basically keep repeating throughout, while you're playing styles, or are they more of a one shot type pad that you'd use as an effect?

I created some piano arpeggio pads a while back ( sent via Bebops mailing list at the time), and they were designed to keep looping. How I actually used them was to mute any of the parts withinin a style that clashed with the piano pad, therefor I was sort of creating a new variation for that style. I used a few of the pads in that manner.

It's possible that your pads ( if they're supposed to be looping and they're not) are not set correctly.

I don't have the time just at the moment to go thru the procedure, but if you need help, you can email me at rikkisbears@hotmail.com
and I'll see if we can work it out.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online