SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51342 - 02/15/02 01:13 PM Tech Manager
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
My computer has XP (sorry) on it and I understand the Tech Manager program will not work with XP. I have been advised of a program called System Commander that will partition my drive without re-formatting and allow me to put Windows 95 on and switch from one to the other. I would appreciate it if any of you more qualified computer KN friends could check this out and advise if this will work with the TM. The site is www.v-com.com. I have a KN6000. Thanks. Don

#51343 - 02/16/02 04:29 AM Re: Tech Manager
technicsplayer Offline

you don't need system commander to dual boot, but it might make things easier to set up than just using xp.

I've tested the techmanager with 95, 98, 98SE and ME and it works fine. I would use 98SE myself but it is entirely your choice whichever is easiest for you.

I have heard that Keysoft may be working on a xp update, but have no personal confirmation of this.

#51344 - 02/16/02 11:40 AM Re: Tech Manager
Don Rehrer Offline

Thanks, Alec, I have ME but had heard that it would not work. Since I am not that familiar with the PC, I will use the program and get ME installed and go for the Tech Manager. I am not on here often but I want you and others to know how much I have gained from the discussions, your manuals, and all of the songs and styles I have downloaded. Keeps me busy. Thanks again. Don

#51345 - 02/17/02 12:33 PM Re: Tech Manager
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Don,
ME will work fine, just post at technote or here if you have any installation problems.

#51346 - 03/01/02 07:55 PM Re: Tech Manager
Don Rehrer Offline

In response to your assistance, Alec. Sure have been busy trying to get TM to work. I partitioned the computer and put Windows 95 on and it worked fine so tried to load the CD and ERROR msg said "The file OLEAUT32.DLL is out of date. This program requires a newer version." I figured the 95 version must be too old so got and installed 98 instead and got the same message when I loaded the CD. I tried it on XP Compatibility and got a lot further with no message and even made the suggested disk but did not go much further. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Don

#51347 - 03/02/02 02:22 AM Re: Tech Manager
technicsplayer Offline

ignore this message, and setup from inside the techmanager folder on the cd rather than through the graphical panel that comes up if you have autorun selected on your rom drive.

I have written a booklet for the techmanager which should be available soon which deals with all these installation issues and describes how to solve parallel port issues, as well as a detailed description of usage and tricks and tips etc.

#51348 - 03/05/02 08:30 PM Re: Tech Manager
Paulyn Offline

Loc: Cathedral City, CA, USA
We bought the Tech Mngr and have not been able to figure out how to use it. Is there any type of instruction booklet available at this time? Any information as to where we should search would be greatly appreciated.

#51349 - 03/06/02 12:22 AM Re: Tech Manager
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
A instruction manual was in the packet, both
in English and German language when I bought
the program.
And I think there is a pdf manual downloadable
at Keysofts webpage too.
GJ
http://www.keysoftservice.ch/support-e.htm

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 03-06-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51350 - 03/06/02 02:21 PM Re: Tech Manager
Don Rehrer Offline

I bought the program from Walt Tenay and there were no instructions so Walt advised me to wait for the booklet from Alec which he will forward when received. Trying to figure it out without any help did not work for me. Patience must prevail.

Don

#51351 - 03/06/02 03:07 PM Re: Tech Manager
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Yes, Walt have given you a good advice, but in the meantime
you can download the basic manual for free at the link in
the post abowe.
Good luck.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online