SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51282 - 01/22/04 02:37 PM SD Capacity
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I will pick up my new KN7000 tomorrow and would like to know what size SD I should get. About how many styles/songs will a 256 hold. Don't want to overdo it.

Also, I just talked with Walt Tenay and ordered The Alec Manual. So glad thay are still available. I know that will help. Walt still has some kn7000 and KN26000 keyboards at a terrific price. Look him up on the net.

I want to thank everyone for being available to help each other.I know any questions I have will be answered. This site is like a great family gathering every day. Don

#51283 - 01/22/04 03:27 PM Re: SD Capacity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Don,

What size SD has been discussed on this forum and there are many opinions. I guess it is up to the individual.

I personnaly buy nothing larger than 128. This holds my complete library of styles, custom panel setups, panel setups and more.

I use another for miidi and performance.

I back up both with 2 CDS each as insurance.

I am sure others will share their ideas.

Alec's manual is a must and dealing with Walt Tenay has always been a pleasure.

Fran in Florida

#51284 - 01/22/04 03:29 PM Re: SD Capacity
technicsplayer Offline

well, I'd better start early on the customer support, Don
be sure to check out the www.technicskn7000.com downloads. For the custom format archive a 32 MB card has room to spare. For the composer format archive 64 MB has room to spare, both of these with 727 technics style loads. For technics and midi 128 will last a long time, is relatively cheap nowadays, and won't need so much card swapping. For audio 128 would be a good minimum and 256 give maybe 60-80 cd quality audio tracks with room for the above technics style archive and other stuff.

#51285 - 01/22/04 08:04 PM Re: SD Capacity
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI DON,
I bought one of each of the SD cards up through 256Mg. The 8Mg. was given to me by the Technics Rep when he was in San Jose at the local dealer. I have not found any 8Mg. anywhere to buy but did find 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 at Fry's Electronics. They prolly don't have a store up in your area but they do have an on line store at outpost.com.
They have everything you could ever want and need in computer related electronics. We buy from them all the time as they are the low price leader in the Bay area
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online