SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51006 - 03/17/03 03:31 AM Panel Memory Banks
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Twice, I have put setups in bank 7(away from harm's way) only to find that the bank has changed to " split sounds" which I believe is the factory setting. The other banks are factory presets, also.

The question is what activity is causing the banks to change ?

The only thing I have been doing is loading disks of 7000 songs from various members to SD, and bringing up songs to sequencer.

I have not initialized, at least, intentionally. I can try setting up banks again in A,B,C, and save them to SD to keep them safe, but that doesn't answer question.

I hope someone knows what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Bernie

#51007 - 03/17/03 04:00 AM Re: Panel Memory Banks
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bernie, Maybe the files you are loading into the KN7000 have the Panel memory mode set to 'ALL' rather than just 'A' 'B' and 'C'
If this is the case, then all your panel memories will be overwritten by the loaded files. For this very reason, when 'publishing' files for loading on other member's keyboards, it is best to use only Panel Memories A B & C

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51008 - 03/17/03 04:40 AM Re: Panel Memory Banks
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Willum

Thanks for the advice. It sounds right to me. The next question is, if I play this particular set of songs ,that are as yet unidentified, does it wipe out all of my Panel Memory Banks ? What are my options ?

#51009 - 03/17/03 09:22 AM Re: Panel Memory Banks
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
It may be too late this time, but as a general rule, I recommend doing a "backup" before loading anything in to your keyboard.
That is, use the SAVE page(s) to save anything that you created (such as sounds, Composer, panel memories, etc.)

I usually put this on a floppy and put it aside, "updating" the backup every once in a while.

Jim

#51010 - 03/17/03 09:40 AM Re: Panel Memory Banks
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bernie, If the songs which you wish to play have been recorded using Panel Memories other than the '3 Bank' (A B & C) then when you load them into your keyboard, they will 'destroy' your current panel memories.

There are ways around this - the easiest is to save your own P.M. setup as say 'MY PM SETUP', on your SD card and then you can re-load it whenever you want.

A long winded way would be to load the songs one at a time and then edit the files to copy the Panel Memories from their original Bank location to Bank A B or C. You would also have to edit the sequencer file, to point any PM changes in the Control track, to the new locations. Having done all that, you can then re-save the files, setting the save option for PM to '3BK'
Big Job and maybe not really worth the effort, unless you have good reason to do so.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51011 - 03/17/03 01:42 PM Re: Panel Memory Banks
Bernie9 Offline

Thanks Guys

I have the picture now and will act accordingly.

It is good to know that there is always someone in the forum to bail me out.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online