SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#509702 - 03/19/24 10:17 AM A FOND FAREWELL
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
After 18+ mostly fun-filled yrs of participating in this forum, it's time to pull the plug. Despite the friends I've made here over the years, I feel that my presense here contributes to a contentious environment . There are some things here that certainly rankle me and I have spoken up about it when perhaps I shouldn't have. Sometimes it's best to just let things go (for the greater good). There will be conflicting personalities in almost ever group and we must learn to either resolve those conflicts or leave the group. In my case, I feel as though the 'conflicting' personality has more to offer the group than I do, so I am choosing to leave the group. Truth is, between my age and my health condition, my interest in creating new music as well as my interest in the latest gadgets (especially those that contribute little to becoming a better MUSICIAN) has waned considerably over the years. That is why during my time on the forum, I have gravitated towards people like Russ Lay, who clearly values PLAYING an instrument over OPERATING an instument. That may be why most of the finest musicians in our (worldwide) community tend not to be techno-geeks (but creative artists). One positive thing that seems to be trending; many older musicians are starting to return to their roots (by starting to return to the acoustic instruments from whence they came - mostly piano and guitar). Most seem excited by the technical and creative challenges that that poses. To paraphrase Gary, "Shortcuts are for wimps".

As a last ditch effort to explain my attitude towards Arranger keyboards (I've owned 8 or 9), I TRULY, rightly or wrongly, have never considered them a 'legitimate' musical instrument, and through 50 years of gigging, I have never used one on a gig (would be inappropriate on the type of gigs I played anyway -plus, the bulk of my gigging was pre-arranger anyway. For most of that time, the Hammond organ was King and I was lucky enough to have been around some of the finest proponents of this art form.

In leaving this forum, I have stayed true to my reputation of being long-winded, so I'll wrap it up by wishing ALL of you the very best that life has to offer, and especially those who have accepted me for the progressive liberal atheist that I am.

chas

#509703 - 03/19/24 10:45 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I wish you nothing but the best at whatever endeavor you decide upon in the future. Though I never got to meet you in person on my many trips to the sunny south, I sincerely wish I could have tilted a few brewskis with you on my sailing passages through Georgia.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#509704 - 03/19/24 11:59 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Everybody upsets somebody some of the time, however that's just life, however it's still always worthwhile participating, as many people visit this site for all types of information.

Bill

#509706 - 03/19/24 02:49 PM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Chas, you're one of the members I always have respected a lot!
It's sad to see how many nice people has left SZ arrager forum, and how it grows the wrong way.... I'm peeking in almost at daily basis, but the visit is a kind of short nowadays.
It has been a great ride through the years, I've learned a lot and got lots of help, but as most things in life, don't everything last forever.
Wishing you all the best, I'm sure going to miss you and your posts as much as miss other SZ friends that I have learned to know during the years. bow
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509707 - 03/19/24 08:39 PM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Chas it's been great exchanging posts with you, and I hope nothing I posted contributed to your departure. Wishing you all the best in your future music-making endeavors!

#509711 - 03/20/24 10:22 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: TedS]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have ALWAYS considered you the musical conscious of this forum. Your ability is beyond question. Questioning subjects and clearly laying out your opinion is a rare, treasured thing these days.

Friend, to me, you are a much welcomed source of light.

And, I sincerely hope our history of sharing ideas, music and life in general will continue for a long, long time.

Love ya, man!

Russ

#509712 - 03/20/24 10:27 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Chas in your future endeavors
you can always join us on our Facebook group too.
We have started a Facebook group called Arranger Keyboard Players and we are growing very rapidly over 3500+ members to date. Would love to have you join us. We are devoted to all players worldwide who enjoy playing Arranger Keyboards and much more.
Sharing our Music & Songs, Discussing Old & New gear, Learning New technics, Making new friends, Etc. We have a great mix of Pros & Amateurs & most of all we all learn from each other.
You will be surprised at how many people you already know from other groups too.
Please come and JOIN US here at...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2819613151594818

#509717 - 03/21/24 08:32 PM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
zuki Offline

Chas - dang. I was just about to post some arranger videos. At least for a chuckle, you should stay around smile Always enjoyed your posts and wit. Bright, funny guy with a good heart. Hope to hear from you again. Wishing you well too!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#509720 - 03/26/24 08:43 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hello Chas, sorry I’m late to your farewell thread , but I wish you the very best. I always enjoyed both your musical offerings and well thought out postings. Over a year ago you sent me some great voicings for I, vi, ii, V . I still work on those every day and I have actually tricked some people into thinking that I’m a jazz pianist when I riff on those voicings LOL. Anyways I hope we can somehow keep in touch .

Edited by montunoman (03/26/24 08:44 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#509727 - 04/04/24 08:52 AM Re: A FOND FAREWELL [Re: cgiles]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Chas
Late to the thread but I have many of the same views as you. Started on piano and went to the B3 during its glory years. Went to Arrangers out of necessity and have done many gigs with one. I’ve backed off from live playing and have gravitated back to piano, sometimes with some bass/drums from my BK7 for my own enjoyment.
I think you should stick around and offer your thoughts. Some may disagree with them but I find you knowlegable and interesting.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do
👍😎

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online