SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509635 - 02/25/24 11:02 AM Another new project
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Carol thinks I am crazy, and she is probably correct in her assessment, however, Laura drove me to Quarryville, PA a couple days ago to Groff Lumber Company, where I purchased another piece of Mappa Burl wood. The wood measures about 25 X 28 inches, and is approximately 2 inches thick. I intend to make an end table from it, however this time, I will use the live edges after rounding off the very sharp spikes left after the bark was removed. Again, I will tint the wood with black stain and use an epoxy finish. The legs will be made of welded steel, black powder coated finish and a bit ornate. Click here to see legs

I value your opinions, and yes, I am a bit crazy, but as I have always said, "A little insanity goes a long way."

Gary cool

Attachments
New End Table.jpg

Edited by travlin'easy (02/25/24 11:05 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#509636 - 02/25/24 12:48 PM Re: Another new project [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, you just make the rest of us HATE you.....for making us face our laziness smile smile smile. I laughed so hard at Zuki's description of his struggle to make it from the bed to the barcolounger smile , and then I thought...WAIT, THAT'S ME!!!! The good thing is that you've guiltied a lot of other ol' geezers into starting up new projects and getting enthuiastic about something again. And that's a good thing. Keep up the good work. Who knows, I just may commission a Mappa Burl rocking chair smile.

chas

#509638 - 02/25/24 03:00 PM Re: Another new project [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I think I could make the rocking chair, but the cost of the materials would be outrageous. The piece of wood in the post cost $440 and the legs were $150 plus $20 shipping. However, I saw similar end tables for more than $2,000 at some online specialty stores.

I have about $2,500 in my dining room table and 3 months labor. I don't want to think how much I have tied up in tools.

Unfortunately, I am too old and busted up to piss the money away on hot women and cheap booze. wink

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (02/25/24 03:02 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#509639 - 02/25/24 03:19 PM Re: Another new project [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Unfortunately, I am too old and busted up to piss the money away on hot women and cheap booze. wink

ahhh, tough call. smile

chas

#509640 - 02/26/24 07:45 AM Re: Another new project [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hot women and cheap booze could be the title of my autobiography! 😂

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online