SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#509222 - 11/17/23 05:50 PM how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Gunnar,

Google "how to connect Korg EXP-2 to korg pa5x" and there should be videos showing you how to proceed.

#509223 - 11/18/23 01:13 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Taike]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Taike
Gunnar,

Google "how to connect Korg EXP-2 to korg pa5x" and there should be videos showing you how to proceed.

Thank's Taike, I will.
Did follow all steps in manuals there was to find when tried it on Pa4X, but no success....
I've sold the Pa4 (and the pedal), but did post a topic at Korg forums.
Hopefully there will be some replies with ideas about how to and what pedal that's the best choice for Pa5X. It's shipped and on the way, so will probably have it here during the week to come. 👍 smile
Genos is a quite easy task regarding to pedal settings. Works like a charm! grin grin
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509227 - 11/20/23 01:33 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
skude Offline

Hi Gunnar Jonny
If I understand you correctly, you did not get to set up the EXP-2 as volume control for right hand sounds on the PA4X. I don't know anything about the PA5X but it might be similar to the 4X. This is how I do it on 4X. First go to Global - Menu - Controllers - Foot - Choose keyboard Expression - Exit. Then go to Menu - Keyboard Ensemble - tick off which sound you want the EXP-2 to control the volume on. I use the EXP-2 to control volume, E.G a string over a piano sound etc. EXP-2 must be connected to Assignable on the back. Don't know if it was helpful. Let me know how you like your 5X.
skude

#509228 - 11/20/23 05:32 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: skude]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Originally Posted By skude
Hi Gunnar Jonny
If I understand you correctly, you did not get to set up the EXP-2 as volume control for right hand sounds on the PA4X....

Hi Skude smile
"Long time, no see"

Yeah, I thought it would be just as simple as it is at other arrangers I've had, included Genos, where it works flawlessly, but no success.
I used the cable that was supplied in the box, one with 'stereo' jackplugs in both ends, and used the assignable output. Also tried different choises in menus, but nope...
I sold the pedal with the Pa4, and have not ordereed any new for the Pa5 yet, because maybe an other model may work or fit better? My
hope is to get it work to lower and rise the volume at whatever sounds played with (upper) right hand when I play in accomp left hand chord mode.

I have to say that I liked the Pa4 a lot, in fact as much that I did decide to sell it quite quick and order Pa5. (Even if I knew that Genos2 was at the edge to be launched).
Had to learn the new OS anyway, so I could just as well jump into it first as last. laugh
I'll swap G1 for G2 in a couple of months, and I guess that will be the final arranger keyboard upgrades for me.
Years flies, and we don't get any younger. Who knows for how long time we will remember what key to press to get it produce any sound.... laugh laugh laugh
The Pa5 is on the way, and probably here during a few days. 👍
I'll let you know how it works for me when get to know it.
Keep well! 🌞🎶🎵

#509230 - 11/20/23 10:53 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
skude Offline

Hi Gunnar Jonny.
Yes, it has been a while. Understood then that you were about to move into a new apartment, and you've probably got things sorted out by now. As you probably remember, I worked a lot with Ketron Event, (which I sold), but after a lot of hours I found out that I would rather continue with my PA4X, which has served me well for many years. I also play lower with chords, and control upper sounds with the EXP-2, sometimes 1 or 2 or all 3. I've looked a bit at the PA5X but see that it doesn't have a contact for the EC5 foot switch. I have to have that, so until there is an update with a solution for this, it is not relevant for me. Some functions that are on 4X are probably also missing. Hope Korg follows up with an update for this, so we'll see what the future brings. Good luck with the PA5X. Let's hear how it goes.
skude

#509234 - 11/20/23 01:45 PM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: skude]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Hi Skude,
Yes, we sold our house after 48 years and moved to a appartement closer to the center of the region.
As years goes and the body reach the maintainance age, it not as fun to have alot of painting, gardening and all that follows when own house and property. Much more convient and easy now. smile

Regarding Pa5X and the EC5, it looks like there is some solutions that may work.
A quick searc at YT came up with some videos. One with a solution with a Behringer pedal, and one with the 'old' EC5 and a Fatar.
Have to take a deep dive into YT to see what more there is to find....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjhY4PO8j0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTPTtAEpBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=cqMKWgSbYiQ

#509246 - 11/21/23 07:35 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
skude Offline

Hi Gunnar Jonny
I know maintenance work well, my house has just turned 50.

Checked the videos a bit, when I see the midi setup I miss the function text Page up/Down and also Vocal harmonizer On/Off, which I use all the time. Don't know if this is only possible with EC5. I have to spend some time to check if this is possible with midi or USB. There will probably be more information as it is updated. Enjoy your new keyboard, it will be fun.

#509253 - 11/21/23 01:22 PM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Taike]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Life definitely got a lot harder for Korg users with the dropping of the EC5 switch input, and the delay of integrating USB controllers to the OS with the PA5X. It’s hard to understand Korg’s thinking on this one, releasing it before some very important stuff was ready to be used. If you’re going to completely replace something that worked, make sure its replacement works BEFORE you launch the product!

#509263 - 11/22/23 12:55 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Diki]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Originally Posted By Diki
Life definitely got a lot harder for Korg users with the dropping of the EC5 switch input.......

Yeah, it puzzles me too, and as we can see at the korg Forum, many users is not to pleased about certain things.
At first I thought maybe Korg had another thing coming up to replace EC5, but so far it don't seem to be the case.
Anyway, guess we have to learn to find the best moves to cope with the functions in other ways as best as we can.... at least until (if?) we see any updates.
Never the less, I'm looking forward to sit down and explore Pa5. It may be good health care to have some new challenges for my aging brain. cool grin

Btw, Korg just released a new update, and Genos2 already got the first fix / update. Did not take long.
As usual, whatever brand, the users buy at high prices and work enthusiastic for free as beta testers.....

#509266 - 11/22/23 03:01 AM Re: how to connect Korg EXP-2 to Korg pa5x [Re: Taike]
skude Offline

Yes I was disappointed to see that the EC5 was left out on the PA5X, it is a "must have" for me. I have used this for many many years and I think that playing without it live will be difficult for me. Old habits are hard to break. We'll see if Korg comes up with something. Until then, my very stable PA4X will do the job for me. Not so sure the dancing crowd cares if it says 4X or 5X as long as they get their music.
skude

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online