SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509082 - 10/25/23 08:36 PM Ketron Event X
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello

Recently I have been considering a Ketron Event keyboard. I'm still trying to find one near me to demo. Now Yamaha announces its new Genos II. I already have and love my Genos. So I now have a Genos II ordered and paid for. The Ketron Event will have to wait for me to save some pennies again.

Today I was reading some more reviews on the Ketron and realized they make a module version of the Event keyboard. Again, trying to find one has not happened. I can picture a Genos II with an Event X next to it. Is this too crazy?? (I'm not asking for approval!!) -charley

https://www.ketron.it/en/prodotto/eventx

#509086 - 10/26/23 10:36 PM Re: Ketron Event X [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

I found some style demos. What I am hearing seems better than what i am seeing. Maneuvering around looks awkward but those styles sound great! All of them have a real and live feel. I think that's a good thing.........

Gosh! Am I going to have to buy this to get that sound? And those styles !! I gotta have them!!!! LOL -charley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88OeUfBE0IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Fdw23in5I

There are demos of all the other style categories on youtube

#509315 - 12/01/23 04:00 PM Re: Ketron Event X [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Hello,

Last week I bit the bullet and got a EventX. It is definitely "different" and I mean that in a good way. Right now I'm just using a cheap Nektar SE49 to control it. I'm having a major brain fart getting the MIDI setup working correctly. I can trigger chords with my left hand but I'm also hearing those left hand notes on top of the chords. I tried changing the split point but I still hear the notes. I thought the split point was a range and not just one point on the keys. It;s gotta be something simple!!

I need to dust off my MIDI tools. I haven't used them in a while. Thanks. -charley

#509317 - 12/02/23 01:12 AM Re: Ketron Event X [Re: rattley]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Congrats Charley!

If it's like on a arranger keyboard, you may look and see if the left hand voices is turned on at EventX. If 'on' it may trigger sound when you play chords.
Just a blind shot ......
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509336 - 12/04/23 03:54 PM Re: Ketron Event X [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rattley Offline

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into what you mentioned. There are also several different midi configurations to choose from on the Event. The manual mentions all these modes but doesn't go into much detail. I'm sure it's something simple. -charley

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online